[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What browser should I use ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
Pic related, using firefox atm and not very satisfied by it
>>
Chrome. It's the fastest and most secure browser.

>inb4 muh botnet
>inb4 muh privacy
Regardless of which browser you use, data about you is going to be collected by various agencies so why bother using Firefox when it's slow as hell and crashes all the time?
>>
This might be news to you but you'd have to fucking tell us what you don't like about it in order to get a relevant recommendation.
>>
>>55406876

I find it slow on startup even though I run W10 on a SSD
Also, it has some real video player issues
>>
>>55406886
>>55406840
>>
>>55406823
Use opera
>>
Opera
>>
File: 1451060235851.png (18 KB, 315x274) Image search: [Google]
1451060235851.png
18 KB, 315x274
>>55406840
Do you have any source to support these claims?
Like why Chrome is the most secure even though they store your personal data on 3rd party server, or part of firefox source where data is being collected and sent to some agency or provide some way to crash firefox that doesn't do harm to other browsers?
>>
Despite what the hipsters around here will say, Chrome is the only real answer these days
>>
>>55406823
wget
>>
>>55406886
Brave. Iridium. Something like that.
>>
>>55406840
Enjoy your info, history and browsing habits going to google.

(If you are logged in to google on other browsers it's more or less the same though)
>>
>>55407045
>Like why Chrome is the most secure
Do some research yourself about the security of Firefox vs Chrome. For example Chrome has content sandboxing and process isolation, Firefox is only in the stage of implementing those features.

>even though they store your personal data on 3rd party server
It's stored in encrypted format. Not really much different from using Sync in Firefox. Most people don't keep backups so if their hard disk dies their browser data will be safe.

>or part of firefox source where data is being collected and sent to some agency
I never said Firefox sent it. I said agencies will collect the data no matter which browser you use since it's beyond their control.

>provide some way to crash firefox that doesn't do harm to other browsers?
I can't provide a way because it crashes on its own.
>>
Just download chromium, faggot.
>>
File: 1463330320268.png (731 KB, 607x800) Image search: [Google]
1463330320268.png
731 KB, 607x800
PALE MOON
>>
>>55407175
Most people use google services anyway. If you're already fucked might as well use a browser with good security
>>
File: yotsuba-wrong.jpg (122 KB, 837x839) Image search: [Google]
yotsuba-wrong.jpg
122 KB, 837x839
>>55406840
>Firefox when it's slow as hell and crashes all the time
Stop failing at using a browser...

Process Explorer: firefox.exe
Process Started = 15:34:43 24.6.2016
>>
I used to flip flop back and forth a lot, but stuck to Firefox for a good six years or so now. I finally became fed up with it. It's incredible how much every little issue you might have can effect the entire browser. Moved back to Chrome again.
>>
>>55407308
Stop defending a shitty browser that lacks sandboxing in 2016
>>
>>55407228
>It's stored in encrypted format.
It doesn't matter if it's encrypted when there is 3rd party(google) who has keys can decrypt them.
>I never said Firefox sent it. I said agencies will collect the data no matter which browser you use since it's beyond their control.
Agencies won't collect the data, if you prevent it. However we discuss security and botnet of browsers, not websites. Firefox doesn't collect your data, but chrome does.
>I can't provide a way because it crashes on its own.
I'm currently using firefox and don't remember last time it crashed. Your argument is invalid.
If firefox crashes for you on its own that you can't do anything, then it means there is something really severely wrong with your machine.
>>
>>55407393
>really severely

Rajeet is that you?!
>>
File: 1409901609892.jpg (39 KB, 372x372) Image search: [Google]
1409901609892.jpg
39 KB, 372x372
>>55407418
What
>>
Chropera.
>as fast as Chrome
>same extensions
>better UI and sync
I'm too lazy to list what's better with the UI, just check it yourself(don't forget to enable power-user settings via Konami code). I ditched Chrome when its new tab page started to take over a second to show up, no matter the hardware used.
>>
>Firefox
>2016

It might be usable again when Flash is completely dead, but right now it isn't and Firefox and Flash is a combination that just doesn't work.
Gives yourself and your entire family cancer. Just use Chrome or Opera.
>>
install gentoo
>>
O P E R A
>>
Tor.
>>
>>55406823
http://www.wired.com/2016/07/4-browsers-might-break-chrome-addiction/
>>
>>55407269
Youtube seems to hang it, regardless of whether I use flash or HMLT5.
>>
>>55407862
Seen that before this morning.

Pretty dumb article IMO
>>
>>55407548

Isn't Chropera abandonned ?
>>
>>55406823
>not very satisfied by it
why?
>>
firefox been running like dogshit recently
>>
>>55406823
Brave Browser. Blocks ads without the sites knowing they're being blocked.

https://brave.com/
>>
>>55407081
enjoy your nothing
>>
>>55407026
Kill yourself.
>>
>>55408670
I should also add that it was created by a former Firefox developer.
>>
>>55406823
Use Netscape; the definitive browser.
>>
>>55407326
Same here. I've been using Chrome for a while now. Firefox simply doesn't have its shit together ever since they cared more about firing people for "homophobic" comments.
>>
>>55408623
>last updated a week ago
>>
Seamonkey
>FF-based without being a shameless Chrome clone
>web browser, e-mail, and IRC client all in one
>low RAM usage
What more do you really need?
>>
>>55408670
More like, replaces ads with its own ads. No thanks.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.