[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've recently bought an RX480 and it seems that my PC is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
I've recently bought an RX480 and it seems that my PC is already fucked. First off I had problems installing the drivers and now my pc is turning on however it crashes before it boots to Windows.

How badly did I fucked up for trusting amd?
For the record my PSU is corsair tx750 so it's reliable.
>>
I've recently bought an RX480 and now my PC is full of virus.

Any tips?
>>
>buying amd
You deserve this.
>>
>>55406521
Go get DDU (display driver uninstaller) from guru3d.com, boot in safemode and run the program, delete ALL gpu drivers, nvidia, amd and intel.

then boot windows normally and install the latest drivers.

TX is Corsairs shitend series btw. RM, HX and AX is quality.
>>
>>55406521
Didn't wet just just have this thread?
Except you did a typo and called it the 480x.

You're not very smart.
>>
>>55406535
apply less ebola
>>
File: 1439946284965.gif (2 MB, 282x257) Image search: [Google]
1439946284965.gif
2 MB, 282x257
>>55406521
>buying AMD's reference card
>>
>>55406521
Your PSU doesn't matter, it's the motherboard that has problems with the RX480.

Try swapping it out for another video card and see if you still have the problem, if so it's probably the 480 (return it).
>>
I have recent brought and RX480 and my PC is fuck. First have problem about drivers and now pc is run on how it crash before it boot windows

How did I fucked up for trust AMD?
Record PSU corsair tx750 so can rely
>>
I've recently bought an RX480 and it seems that my PC is already fire. First off I had problems with too much smoke coming out of it while installing the drivers and now my pc is bursting into flames, however it crashes before it boots to Windows.
>>
>>55407260
>>>/v/
newfag
>>
>I bought MSI 280x 2 years ago
>Literally 5 mins after I installed drivers for it I ran Unigine
>Artifacts on stock
>80 degrees
>Driver crash
>Card slowly starts to die on me and shuts down whole system every time I reach 73 degrees on it
>Had to manually edit vga bios to undervolt it
>2 months later it started shutting down even without reaching 73 degrees
>Bought Asus Strix 970 gtx
>Runs perfectly since then
>God rewarded me for making a smart purchase by giving me a golden silicone which allows me to oc my 970 to 1520Mhz core/2000Mhz memory.

T-Thanks AMD.
>>
>>55407412
I've recently loaded an 4chan post and it seems that your already a big meanie. First off I had problems with too much bullying coming out of it while reading the post and now my face is bursting into tears, however it crashes before it opens quick reply.
How badly did I fucked up for trusting anon?
>>
>>55407476
>CX750M here
>First PSU died on me after its capacitors made scary buzzing noise.
>Went to maplin and got a new one in 15 minutes
>Works great since then

Chinese capacitors turn PSU purchase into a fucking lottery.
>>
>>55407471
>shit that never happened
nice bro
upboatedssd EGGGS DEEEEEE
>>
>>55407506
God, I had a cx750m too. Shit worked fine for 2 weeks and then all of a sudden the fan would spin at max on even the slightest gpu load. Fuck that psu. I only got it as a backup replacement as I waited for my actual psu.
>>
File: 1463360856200.jpg (24 KB, 401x372) Image search: [Google]
1463360856200.jpg
24 KB, 401x372
>>55406737
>Buying any reference card
>>
>>55406521
You deserved this for buying AMD
>>
>>55408039
>>>/v/
fag
>>
>>55408101
>>55407412
Look the samefag is trawling all the threads.
How was the ban earlier?
>>
>>55407260
I've recently bought an RX480 and it seems that my PC was already fire. First off I lost a hand because of explosion while removing old video card, then I had problems with too much smoke coming out of it while installing the drivers and now my pc is bursting into flames, and the smoke makes me loose conciseness before it boots to Windows.
>>
>>55406521
should've waited for 8pin aftermarkets pajeet
>>
>>55407645
Comments like yours are the reason why nobody who gets shafted by AMD ever comes back.
>>
I bought an RX480 and it stabbed my mom. What can I do?
>>
>>55406521
STOP BUYING REFERENCE CARDS PEOPLE! ALWAYS WAIT TILL CUSTOM BOARDS COME OUT.
>>
I bought an RX480 and I caught aids, ebola, cancer and retardation all as she shame tim. wat do
>>
Gotta need a proof of that 480 first. I got one from sapphire. Fps at very least doubled compared to my old 7870. My PSU is OCZ 550w. Motherboard is 4 years old. No problems whatsoever.
>>
should i get a 480 if i have a 7950 at 1145mhz core clock
>>
>>55408158
>>>/v/
>>
>>55406737
>lol dude you should get a rx480 it has gtx 980 performance for $200
>lol dude how could you possibly believe that? GTX 970 performance is the sweet spot.
>lol dude you shouldnt have bought a reference card, of course AMD doesnt know how to power manage
>lol dude just wait for aftermarket cards
>just wait for Vega
>just wait for the heat death of the universe

All of this could be avoided
if you just got a Nvidia
>>
I recently bought a Nvidia card and now I'm an insufferable douchebag on /g/.
>>
>uses a corsair psu
>blames amd
lmao my man
>>
>>55406521
All cards are identical, you're the only one I seen I seen with this problem. I'm pretty sure its the computer and not the card and when I say its the computer everyone knows a computer is the reflection of its owner.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.