[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC AINT CHARGIN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 960x720
I'll try to make this short and I'll send anyone who solves my problem $20 PayPal.
>turn on PC with charger plugged in
>PC turns on, looks good for few seconds then shuts down
>repeat again
>shuts down again
>on the 2nd time before it shut down i saw that there was an X on the battery symbol
>PC wasn't being charged even though it was plugged in
>will post more pics
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 1024x768
My computer is my life, I just bought Overwatch. So I bought a new charger. Did I do well?
>>
Install gentoo
Read the fucking sticky
/g is not your personal tech support forum
>>
Take the battery out and try powering it back on. If it shuts down it's probably an overheating issue.
>>
>>55402344
ITS A GRILL.
Amanda pls. Hey would you like to play some over watch some time? I won't play tracer or any of the girls if it offends you. I'm really considerate. What's your ID? My name is DankKun in the game. please add me
>>
>>55402344

Show us your feet.
>>
Maybe the Battery is dead, or the laptop has overheated?
>>
>>55402327
>gaming laptop
ho ho hooo
>>
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 960x720
>>55402519
Battery dead? How can I recharge this battery?
My PC is 0% so removing the charger and powering it on won't do much.

>>55402471
Happy?
>>
>"amanda"

sure thing bud
>>
>>55402553
How long does your laptop last with the battery inside? If it's very short then you'll have to buy a new battery. You can still use the laptop if you only use the charger and remove the battery.
>>
File: allw.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
allw.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>55402553

Check the charge port, wiggle the plug around in it. It's a common failure point. Check the cord on charger for kinks/bends/punctures.
>>
File: image.png (246 KB, 484x605) Image search: [Google]
image.png
246 KB, 484x605
>>55402636
The tip of my charger, the little aluminum tip is bent. But it can still fit in the charger hole.
>>
>>55402636
This, I've seen Asus gayming laptops get a loose charging port after time
>>
>>55402327
you're gonna need a new battery, likely battery failure
>>
>>55402740
The blue light is still on, so I don't think it's that.
>>
>>55402327

my dell would do this, see if this is your problem as well:

>unplug laptop
>take out battery from back
>hold down laptop power button for 10s
>put battery back in
>plug in
>turn on pc

should be charging.
>>
>>55402793
Will try that
>>
>>55402327

Are you in a dorm?

I had this same problem when I was in college. Turned out to be an issue with having the charger plugged into the same socket as a minifridge. The fridge was fucking up the power line and introducing interference that the computer charger didn't like.

If this is the case, try unplugging the fridge and see if it works. They may not need to be plugged into the same socket for this to be an issue - it can happen if they are on the same line.

I think the shitty wiring in my dorm was the main culprit though as I haven't had this problem elsewhere.
>>
>>55402668
Take out the battery, and use it directly from AC. See if that changes anything
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 960x720
>>55402793
Didn't work :(

>>55402934
How would I do that? Keep my charger plugged into my PC and remove the battery inside my computer?
>>
>first reply
Fuck off m8 not ur tek support
>pretends to be grill
Oh hai have u tried doing this, how about this, let me b ur tek support plz :) :)
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 960x720
I have 2 batteries and it still doesn't turn on. I'm starting to think it's coming from the charger.
>>
>>55402981
Not him but all you have to do is remove the battery and plug your computer into the wall. Act like you're going to charge it, but just with no battery installed.
>>
>>55403044
Battery removed and plugged everything back in. Still not powering on. Should I head over to Best Buy And have them sort it out?
>>
>>55402327
OP
Your battery is without a doubt, quite fucked. While some laptops allow the system to run without the battery mounted, it's apparent yours can't. You have 2 options, 1: Buy a new battery online 2: Try to give the battery some life again by aggressively cooling it for 2-3 hours. You've got nothing to loose to its probably worth a try.
>>
>>55402327
what's the exact model of your laptop
>>
>>55403080
Yes
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.