[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Android permanent photo deletion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 6gMRtQyY.jpg (7 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
6gMRtQyY.jpg
7 KB, 400x400
Yo, if I've saved a photo then deleted it on an android phone is there a way to view it through a cache or file directory or something or has it disappeared from there and the only chance of recovery would be through a programme or app?

Also would simply recording a video to use up the 5% memory I have left overwrite it in a way that again can't be recovered without assistance of app or programme?

...also, one time I uploaded all my photos off my phone straight to my pc and a lot of old deleted pictures were there, in multiple resolutions.
>>
install gentoo
>>
Not quite what I was asking
>>
>>55400689
try photo rec
I had a similar situation happen 2 days ago when my phone formatted itself than formatting the new SD card I put into it and while I wasn't able to recover what I was looking for it found plenty of other shit
>>
>>55400875
Sorry I should've been clearer, I deleted intentionally and wanted to know if it could be easily retrieved (without app assistance etc.)

I thought perhaps the video would work because it'd overwrite the files and fill up my storage replacing the deleted ones.

I'm worried someone is snooping on my phone, I know they won't go too far to do it which is why im not worried if you can't find the file without an app or other software
>>
File: image.png (130 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
130 KB, 640x1136
>andidiotic users cant google
>>
>>55400977
Again I don't think this really answers my specific question. Done plenty of googling, it's not about recovery I'm trying to make sure it stays gone without having to use an app, and wondered if the simple solution to this would just be to record a video that fills up the remaining storage space / overwrites it. My main query was if it could just be stumbled upon somehow in the phone if someone went looking (without an app)
>>
>>55400689
It might be possible to install a linux distro and write to 0
>>
Could anyone answer whether with time it will fade and whether the files can be found WITHOUT the aid of an app or anything of that kind? Literally by going through the phone? Everything online is just about deleting with apps or recovering with apps. Sorry for generally sucking
>>
Give it back Desmond
>>
>>55400689
From what I understand, OP, there is no dedicated cache folder that stores thumbnails - and if there is, I haven't been able to find it on a non-rooted device. I am also, quite certain that the thumbnail cache is independent of whether or not the file still exists.

And, no you couldn't just record a video to overwrite the cache - all the cache is is the thumbnail, not the video itself.

If you want to ensure that it's not stored in the cache, download CCleaner and clear your thumbnail cache - as far as I understand this is the only way to delete the thumbnail cache.

I'm not sure what would cause images that were deleted to still show up, if the problem persists it may have to do with the device itself - I don't know of this issue on any other devices.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.