[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welcome to /fht/ - Friendly Hackintosh Thread. Ask questions,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: OS X.png (45 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
OS X.png
45 KB, 316x316
Welcome to /fht/ - Friendly Hackintosh Thread.

Ask questions, discuss tips and tricks, discuss your favorite software, and share your experiences.

Users of all skill levels are welcome. Let's keep it civilized and remember to not feed the trolls.

OS X on Apple hardware is also welcome.
>>
>>55400269
>share your experiences.
constant exhaustion.
>>
>>55400269
Alright, I was literally just thinking of doing this today because Mac looks comfy af.

What's the easiest way to do this on a computer that already has a Windows/Arch Linux dual boot?
>>
>>55400269
>constant exhaustion.
Zero exhaustion here. I kinda wish I could do more modding or something cause this shit is so smooth sailing it's not even funny. I had to tweak more on windows and that hardware is meant to be supported...
>>
>>55400299
Easiest? Get another disk and install on it.
>>
>>55400305
>that hardware is meant to be supported

This. The "Windows just werks" meme is just a meme. I've had better hardware support on Linux, of all things.
>>
I've just set up everything a year ago and won't ever upgrade from Mavericks.
>>
>>55400340
Enjoy your botnet.
>>
>>55400360
? Mavericks is still supported. It was released in 2013, for comparison a lot of people are still using Windows 7 (2009).
>>
File: 1466858584207.png (156 KB, 1213x636) Image search: [Google]
1466858584207.png
156 KB, 1213x636
>>55400386
>gaping root exploit left open just like the average macfag's anus
>""""""""""""supported""""""""""""
>>
>>55400409
>posting 1 year old irrelevant information
Apple fixed it with Mavericks Security Update 2015-005.
>>
>>55400473
>Apple fixed it
Good joke.
>>
>>55400340
there's literally no reason to stay with mavericks. El capitan is on par performance wise now and every software is supported too
>>
>>55400473
>Apple told everyone on 10.9 and below to buy a new Mac.

Fixed.
>>
>>55400501
It's not, though. Animations are far slower on El Capitan, though better than Yosemite.
>>
>>55400493
Yeah, usually Apple doesn't have the vulnerability. Heartbleed as an example.
>>
>>55400509
Pre-10.9 OS X isn't even vulnerable lul
>>
>>55400299
>>55400312
Or you can partition it with gparted and install os x on a partition.
>>
>>55400587
Clover can boot all 3.
>>
>>55400618
is there any use booting windows with clover and not through your typical bios f8 hammering when hackintoshing?
>>
>>55400667
? You can set Clover to run Windows' bootloader. For linux, you can use Clover as its bootloader
>>
>>55400772
Hackintosh implies no apple owning you fucking retard

>Apple owners, do you eat shit out of your own hands my friends?

Apple is literally for teenage girls who unironically use tumblr

This piece of shit is literally a high res facebook client

it's the macbook 'pro' yet how the fuck is it professional grade? How the fuck would this help a man earn his income? This is literally a heavy aluminium slab which has the pro designation in order to allow it to be become a bragging point for 'apple fans' and it is literally only purchased in the professional world by moronic startup pisslords, it is an overpriced piece of shit and it is pitiful compared to the competition, it also has a fucking gimped shit smeared bsd/fuckoldry os known as osx to fuck your shit up even further, this is a throttling cancer machine which has a fucking stupid clickable trackpad and a keyboard which has the travel of a touchscreen, I do not understand why you would desire this unless you think it makes you look less poor

So why fucking buy it?

Apple piss advocates who eat shit from their own palms will try and deny this
>>
>>55400834
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>55400772
Fucking hell, Apple loses on hackintoshes. And OS X with Windows are the only 'professional' OS anyways. They have all content generating programs.
>>
>>55400772
>Getting this buttblasted over a brand

disgusting nerd
>>
>>55400808
Are you fucking serious ? I am literally running safari with 6 tabs, chrome its 4 tabs, sketch with 8 tabs, photoshop 1 tab , spotify, Skype, netflix streaming a movie on HD, and not even the fan is running on my macbook air. Everything is smooth and responds quickly without any lag, on a fucking macbook air. I still don't get why all this anti-apple shitposting is coming from.
>>
>>55400926
2 rupees have been deposited in your loo Pajeet.
>>
>>55400940
OS X is free
>>
Any chance I could make a Hackintosh out of a Sony notebook? VPCEH series. How hard would it be, if at all possible?
>>
File: iSg4VmF.png (374 KB, 632x413) Image search: [Google]
iSg4VmF.png
374 KB, 632x413
>>55400940
>2 rupees have been deposited in your loo Pajeet
>Everyone who disagrees with me is poo in loo shill

Nice logic there autismboi
>>
>>55400963
Very likely. Name concrete model.
>>
>>55401010
VPCEH1E1E. I've had it with Windows, want to try something new and see if I can make this laptop usable again.
>>
>>55401072
Yeah, not sure about all peripherals though.
>>
>>55401188
Where do you recommend to start? Is there a forum or site where I can find information about my specific model?
>>
>>55401251
Find individual kexts, make an os x installer usb (with clover and kexts) and install. Nothing really central, but /r/hackintosh and insanelymac are alright resources.
>>
>>55400269
We have a general for all apple faggotry now...
>>>/fag/
>>
>>55400269
anyone know how to run 10.11 in a VM in VMware workstation?
the method I used before doesn't work for me anymore after the VMware patch
>>
>>55400926
if the computer is on the fan is on on any modern macbooks
they used to have it so that 2015s wouldnt have the fans on for a while, but they patched it or something.
>>55402588
what? I'm trying to get rid of a mac by doing this.
>>
>>55402584
just use virtualbox lul
>>
>>55400269
I'm thinking about building a computer and I would really like to install OS X on it as well. Is there anything special to look out for? So far I got

>Intel CPUs (obvious)
>Gigabyte Mainboards

I plan to use the integrated graphics anyway, as I couldn't care less about gaming. It's supposed to be as cheap as possible, so I'm not exactly building a beast. Atm I'm thinking about

>Intel i3-6320
>Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H
>Some Crucial 8GB DDR4-2133

Will this work? And is there any way I could check whether those components are known to cause problems or not?
>>
>>55400269
>experiences
Kernel panics left and right
>>
>>55403337
http://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/june/2016

You can pick anything from that list and be 100% good. My recommendations for things to make sure you have

>SATA 3 6GB/s
>SSD for best experience
>Intel Networking (shown on website)

It's really not rocket science. As long as your hardware is not AMD, not some rebrand of an ancient GPU, or shite motherboard components, you can just patch your USB install disk with Multibeast and be good to go.
>>
Is there anyway to get a fucking normal mouse acceleration in mac?

Ie like windows/linux

Switching between them and mac fucks me up because of the goofy acceleration
>>
>>55403427
steermouse works good enough on my machine.
>>
>>55403439

Thanks!
>>
>>55400280
/thread
>>
>>55400280
This isn't a gnu/linux thread!
>>
>>55401413
Thanks, I'll look into it.
>>
>>55400299
>Windows/Arch Linux dual boot
Why does Arch Linux attract Windows fags
>>
>>55400269
Where can I download an image of macOS? I'd like to test a program I'm developing on it.
>>
>>55406104
Everything you need:

https://youtu.be/wodqGvug6e0
>>
>>55400269
Tfw can't even boot my 10.11 USB created through Clover
Boots to drive selection at least but once I choose the Mac one it just gets a kernel panic
>>
My issue is that any application that allows for disabling vsync runs like trash. Trash.
>>
>tfw can only install osx on slow HDD
>tfw don't know if it is worth it but I really want it
>>
>>55400269
New hackintosh user here. Its a pain to install, but after you get it working, its a bless.

OSX is very pleasing to use. Microsoft Office feels comfier here than in Windows. My complaints are:
- Bad performance at OpenGL (literally half the fps I get running Dota 2 on W7 or Linux)
- Sound quality is worse. That's expected since I'm not using the off board card, but it seems worse even compared to the same onboard sound on Windows.
- iTunes can't play FLAC. That's sad, because the interface is amazing and I don't have enough space to convert my collection to APAC.
- It can't write on NTFS by default, despite it being natively supported if you add the correct entries to fstab.
>>
What do you guys mean when you say programs are comfier on osx? Are you sure it's not a placebo? What can make them comfier? I don't get it.
>>
>>55408387
I have had a similar experience. In the end I didn't want to use it because of OpenGL performance indeed. That I had to dual boot into windows to play something as simple as gzdoom really made me reconsider.

Otherwise this OS would be fucking sweet
>>
>>55408387
>Bad performance at OpenGL
Because Apple can't write drivers. I like OS X, but fucking hell they are bad at this. The performance is fucking ass. This is the main reason why I switched to Linux again on my desktop after almost four years of hackintoshing (my laptop still runs OS X, mostly due to the fantastic trackpad drivers).

To fix the iTunes problem, use ncmpcpp instead (you can install it through homebrew). There are guides how to set it up, and it's really fucking good once you understand how to use it, not to mention it supports all formats.

The NTFS thing is retarded. Just "acquire" Paragon NTFS or something to fix it or use fstab like you already have. As for sound quality, the Windows one might have some sort of equalizer in the driver. You can try Boom 2 and see if it helps.
>>
>>55408431
Not really comfier, the thing is that it's perhaps more stable, has better font rendering and looks are overall more consistent unless you use really old software.
>>
>>55408494
Tuxera has been more stable for me. I'd always get write errors while copying files from one drive to another with Paragon.

I'd use hackintosh on a laptop with a decent trackpad. The place where I wouldn't give a shit about graphics so much.
>>
>>55408536
>I'd use hackintosh on a laptop with a decent trackpad.
The Elan touchpad driver Emlydinesh is developing is fucking amazing. Gesture compatibility, good feeling, good detection, no bullshit. Feels like a legit Apple Trackpad. The only downside is that you need to edit the configs in the .plist file which takes a few minutes (and it needs to be done for every time the kext is updated). Other than that, amazing.
>>
>>55408583
Thanks, I'll be looking for that. I'm used to tinkering to get some shit working.
>>
Just got my Mavericks Hackintosh running.
Everything went smoothly with the exception of the sound, That was quite the headache.

But now it works and the performance is great, I can finally retire my '08 MBP which has been on its way out for about a year now.
>>
>>55409198
I'm kind of jealous. I can only download El cap from the store and the .dmg files online don't work with multibeast because herp piracy
>>
>>55409225
unibeast*
>>
>>55409243
>Niresh
Cancer. Enjoy your babby's first hackintosh build with outdated shit kexts, basement dwelling russian backdoors and custom notification bullshit they add to your system. It is not well made, and is for uncompetent fucks who thinks their system is "running fine" when in reality it is running like shit with two speedsteps and non-working DSDT.

Clover or bust. It is easier than ever today. The only reason to ever use a distro is to create a VM to create the installer USB. There is a reason why you never get help on OSx86 community sites if you use a distro. Because they're a fucking mess and it is a fucking hell to debug.
>>
>>55409243
Nah, no way. Those always give me issues.
>>
>>55408387
>- iTunes can't play FLAC. That's sad, because the interface is amazing and I don't have enough space to convert my collection to APAC.
That really is sad. Always thought it's ridiculous that Apple doesn't add functionality that comes literally free for them. It's not like Apple tries to keep their OS light anyway.

Then again, it's not like FLAC is the only used lossless format. I largely listen to classical music and the retards who rip that kind of music are fucking insane. It's of course not just FLAC they use, it's also APE, Monkey's Audio, wavpack, optimFROG, like I didn't even know those existed before. All those things of course either as separate files per track or in one file with a fucking cue (which usually provide very poor tagging). So in the end if I want to have a neat collection, I need to recode them anyway. As the format doesn't really matter I choose AIFF or whatever it's called, have a file that's 50 KB bigger than whatever it was before and am done with it for eternity.
>>
>>55409225

So you can just copy and paste these into terminal to make the iso:

hdiutil attach /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg -noverify -nobrowse -mountpoint /Volumes/install_app

hdiutil create -o /tmp/ElCapitan.cdr -size 8g -layout SPUD -fs HFS+J

hdiutil attach /tmp/ElCapitan.cdr.dmg -noverify -nobrowse -mountpoint /Volumes/install_build

asr restore -source /Volumes/install_app/BaseSystem.dmg -target /Volumes/install_build -noprompt -noverify -erase

rm /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages

cp -rp /Volumes/install_app/Packages /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/

cp -rp /Volumes/install_app/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/BaseSystem.chunklist

cp -rp /Volumes/install_app/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/BaseSystem.dmg

hdiutil detach /Volumes/install_app

hdiutil detach /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/

hdiutil convert /tmp/ElCapitan.cdr.dmg -format UDTO -o /tmp/ElCapitan.iso

mv /tmp/ElCapitan.iso.cdr ~/Desktop/ElCapitan.iso

You can then use this to burn it to a dual layer dvd:

sudo drutil burn /Users/YOURNAME/Desktop/El\ Capitan.iso

That converts the DMG to a proper bootable ISO for use with whatever (VMs, Hackintoshes, etc).
>>
File: 20160621_223713-min.jpg (1 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160621_223713-min.jpg
1 MB, 5312x2988
OS X el capitan user here on a hackintosh modded in to a g5 case. The only problem I ever had getting this to work was the first installation. I had a 4k monitor at the time and for some reason it refused to display anything following the first apple logo before install. Hooked it up to a shitty 19 inch hp vga. Installed perfectly. Downloaded nvidia Web drivers. Has been stable for a year now.
>>
>>55409498
Beautiful setup mate
>>
>>55409535
Cheers!
>>
File: confused_girl.jpg (124 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
confused_girl.jpg
124 KB, 720x960
Guys, c-can this be okay with a 5400rpm hdd??
>>
>>55409420
That is neat, thank you anon.
>>
Does anyone use this with a 6850HD?
>>
>>55400926
Because /g/ are a bunch of Botnet loving poorfags with no jobs
>>
>>55403127
virtualbox is terribly slow
vmware is nice and fast.
>>
Is clover the only way to dual boot shit easily?

I use an SSD and el cap does boot quite slowly. The system works pretty fine, but boot times are not that amazing. So dual booting would actually take a bit more even.
>>
Can I install this shit with a Skylake/AMD 390x build yet
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (46 KB, 853x558) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
46 KB, 853x558
can i into a hackintosh?
>>
>>55409995
AMD CPUs are a pain in the butt. There's more of a chance to get a working system with unsupported almost anything and an intel processor than the opposite.
>>
>>55400858
>(you)
>>
>>55409651
Am I shadowbanned again?
>>
>>55410956
>shadowbanned
wut
>>
>>55411138
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=shadowban
>>
Are AMD gpus just entirely unsupported at this point?
>>
>>55411540
Not at all, just inferior in many cases.

Except Final Cut Pro X. A 280x is really suitable if you use that. But on the nvidia side, you have 2 options when it comes to drivers (provided by apple and web drivers by nvidia) and, like always, better opengl performance which is already fairly crappy in OSX in comparison to Linux.

You won't really have problems, just probably lower performance than you would expect. What's actually quite unsupported is AMD CPUs.
>>
>>55411295
do you realize that your not on reddit?
>>
>>55410956
No anon, it just means people might not care.

BTW to answer your question, you would definitely benefit from faster storage in OSX considering that an SSD just feels "normal" and not "blazing fast" with hackintosh.

But just buy one, goddammit. Even 120 will do. Those are like what, 60 bucks? C'mon nigga.
>>
>>55411605
No shit, sherlock
>>
>>55411588
Alright, thanks.

Just working on a new build around a 480, with all the other parts I'm using looking pretty compatible according to the lists here >>55403398

I'd primarily be using OS X for audio work I'm bringing over from an older MBP, so I wouldn't mind slightly lower graphics performance all that much.
>>
>>55411657
If I were you I'd wait until OSX 10.12 came out. I don't think the 480 is even supported at this point and that's pretty logical, but I have heard of polaris chips being put in new macs so the new macOS would -have- to support them.
>>
File: Macbook-Starbucks.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Macbook-Starbucks.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
what's the point of a hackintosh? the whole point of having a mac is looking cool at starbucks, you won't get that unless people look at your screen
>>
>>55411822
ebin
>>
File: 4L_TZ6bnHnf.jpg (218 KB, 1242x818) Image search: [Google]
4L_TZ6bnHnf.jpg
218 KB, 1242x818
>>55400269
Any of u fags used xcode on a hackintosh? I have a macbook pro that i use for ios dev but i hate the fucking keyboard on it and i also don't want to take it anywhere because it's expensive and niggers will steal it and/or some feminist on her cell phone will hit me while i'm riding my bike and i'll be fine but my backpack holding my Macbook will fly off in the crash and explode.

Ideally i'd like to dualboot the latest ios on my x220 and then do my dev work on my x220. How shitty will this setup be?
>>
File: TpbvjkuvKYcJOoBB.jpg (92 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
TpbvjkuvKYcJOoBB.jpg
92 KB, 800x600
Can I hang out here as well?

>Mac Pro 2009 4,1 found in trash, flashed immediately to 5,1

Up/g/rades ordered:

3.46GHZ XEON X5690
32GB 1333 DDR3
500GB Samsung AHCI M.2 PCIE SSD w/ adaptor
GTX 970
USB 3.0 PCIE
3TB HGST HDD for Time Machine
Dell 4K S2817Q 28in monitor

Originally fucked up an bought an NVME Samsung Pro SSD but realized OSX doesn't have a way to boot from NVME. Kept the drive for a different project though.

Monitor was a deal ($330) and looks quite nice despite being a TN. I have the GPU in and it's still running on the HDD that was originally in it (WD Black from 2009) but that thing is failing.

Looking forward to getting the rest of the stuff tomorrow. Should be more powerful than any iMac in the current lineup (in fact even at its original specs it almost was), and give most of the Mac Pros trashcans a run for their money.
>>
Anybody still holding out for a Mac Pro bump or for the release of an xMac sort of thing? I have a 2015 rMBP 15" which is great, but the itch for a desktop grows stronger by the day.

I've built a C2D hackintosh tower and hackintoshed a dell laptop in the past so I'm not opposed to building another hackintosh tower, but I'd have to wait for Sierra to be released if I want to use any of the new GPU releases which sucks and even then the most easily compatible option would be a 1070/1080 which is OK, but it'd be nice to have an AMD card for all the deep OpenCL integration in OS X and FCP.

>>55408387
>It can't write on NTFS by default, despite it being natively supported if you add the correct entries to fstab.
Thank microsoft for not licensing NTFS to anybody. The stock NTFS driver in OS X is reverse-engineered, which is why it's read-only. Apple doesn't want to be responsible for someone's NTFS-formatted drive exploding when plugged into a Mac.
>>
File: macbanc-vraiment-classe.jpg (57 KB, 660x379) Image search: [Google]
macbanc-vraiment-classe.jpg
57 KB, 660x379
>>55412009
upgraded mine too
>>
>>55412108
>two gutted PowerMac G5s just for table legs
Fuck that guy
>>
>>55412108
that's actually a really nice setup, he just needs to fill them with actual hardware 2bh
>>
>>55410956
How narcissistic do you even have to be to jump to such a conclusion
>>
what's the go with amd cpu's?
do people still make patched kernels for them?
>>
>>55412124
They are truly useless, inefficient machines at this point. Don't be silly.
>>
>>55412419

True. I have >>55412009 and use two gutted G5s as a coffee table with a glass top.
>>
>>55412124
they weren't even as good as they claimed back in ~2003
nowadays they're only good for space-heaters and tables
>>
>>55412419
>>55412443
Come at me faggots

>>55412438
You monster
>>
>experiences
Couldn't compete with a windows Linux dualboot. All the modern programs and all the unix
>>
Any of you retards who buy reference cards tested the RX480 on Sierra??
>>
>>55406052
what are you fuckin gay?
>>
File: 1454634724524.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1454634724524.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>55412124
>appletard mad someone found a practical use for otherwise useless garbage
>>
>>55412940
>implying dual processor PowerMac G5s are useless garbage

Don't you ever get sick of posting the same content over and over again?
>>
>>55413001
>Mac
>not useless garbage
Don't you ever get tired of shitting in the same designated shitting street over and over again?
>>
>>55412009
one or two cpus?
>>
>>55408387
Do you use vodooHDA? I had the same sound quality, but it got acceptable when i switched to patched appleHDA.
>>55408431
Everything is so consistent! And look good
>>55409198
Don't like 95% of computers use realtek for integrated sound
>>55409336
B-but clover is made by russians too...
>>
File: 1464764921684.png (237 KB, 642x1488) Image search: [Google]
1464764921684.png
237 KB, 642x1488
>>55408431
Just typical macfag delusions.
>>
>>55413294
bloody hell, i happily thought you died already
>>
File: greenbullshit.jpg (18 KB, 243x407) Image search: [Google]
greenbullshit.jpg
18 KB, 243x407
>>
>>55413278
Not him, but any ideas on how to do some jack retasking on patched apple HDA?

On voodooHDA I use a custom .plist so I can use my speaker out jack as a headphone out. Couldn't do that with the patched ones.
>>
>>55402584
Use a unlocker for OSX compability in VMWare.
Then import a virtual machine disk that contains OSX.
>>
>>55413294
And here I thought the facebook machine meme was a joke.
>>
>>55413260

Two cpus, not the cheapest upgrade
>>
>>55413577
It is.
>>
>>55413618
>Two cpus, not the cheapest upgrade

I will be very surprised if you can get that thing to boot and run well with ssd adaptor and all that shit you are doing

how much have you spent on it so far?

I know you think it's going to be a beast but when you get it going run some benchmarks and compare them to a new macbook pro 13'
>>
>>55413654
It clearly isn't.
>>
>>55413838
Okay kid
>>
>>55413850
>implying
>>
File: 1399909132357.gif (2 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1399909132357.gif
2 MB, 300x168
>>55413858
>>
>>55412009

that computer was not meant to boot off a PCI express drive, do you have any evidence it will work? have you seen other people do it? if not there is probably a reason
>>
>>55400473
4 year long fix for a rootkit
calls macOS secure
>>
>>55413993

how many macfags have actually had their info stolen from their hard drives via a rootkit or virus

oh 0?

I wonder why that is
>>
>>55413993
Heartbleed too waited for a fix for a few years
Apple turned out to be unaffected (smiley with carat nose)
>>
>>55414027
>facebook machines
>useful info

Ok kid.
>>
>>55414106

nigger if macfags started getting hacked/viruses they would be posting about it more than the USA starting another war

everyone would know and there would be nonstop crying forever
>>
>>55413618

so you have $600 in cpus, $250 in a graphics card and hundreds more in everything else?

you could have built a real computer with that much money and not a hacked up piece of 7 year old hardware/mobo
>>
Need help /g/ since my main desktop crapped out on me the other day I've been using my hackintosh laptop a lot more. Decided to use my HHKB Pro 2 with hackintosh but its not recognized in OS X. Keyboard works at Clover but not once I get to login. I should also include I'm able to use this old dell keyboard perfectly fine they're both usb tried different usb ports. Any suggestions I know the HHKB is supposed to work with OS X
>>
>>55414223

I sure could have, but there's no fun in doing that.
>>
>>55414264

can you return that shit if you can't get it to boot or run properly?

what are you using for the boot drive?

you know nobody writes software to take advantage of having 2 physical cpus outside of server software right?
>>
>>55412009

you are probably going to need a new power supply too
>>
>>55413966

Yes, I have seen it boot off of a PCIE drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKRM3HmaxWw

Apple doesn't have a driver for NVME but does for AHCI. Works fine.

>>55413830

Early 2015 Macbook Pro https://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/7215218

Mac 5,1 with Intel Xeon X5690 @ 3.46 GHz
https://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/7209639

>>55414325

Of course. https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SM951-512GB-AHCI-MZHPV512HDGL-00000/dp/B00VELDBJ6/ref=sr_1_44?ie=UTF8&qid=1467668071&sr=8-44&keywords=mac+pro+ssd+samsung

Mention of compatibility: https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B00VELDBJ6/ref=cm_cr_dp_srch?filterByKeyword=mac+pro&search-alias=community-reviews

>>55414424

I probably will, yes.
>>
>>55414181
Ok kid.
https://www.google.com/search?q=osx+hacked&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=os+x+hacked&tbm=nws
>>
>>55414448

well best of luck oldmacbro i hope it works out for you

gonna dual boot windows for gaming?
>>
>>55414482

Thanks! I'll post some stuff here tomorrow once the rest of the stuff comes. Yeah, I'll dual boot for some gaming perhaps. I have my gaming PC for that though (i7 2600k, GTX 1070, 1440p 144hz dell s2716dg).

I have a lot more money than I do sense. I love making tech do stuff it wasn't really supposed to.
>>
>>55414234
I use an HHKB Pro 2 with my Macbook Pro and have zero issues. Plug it in and everything just werks, just as a USB keyboard should.

Sounds like something is fucked with your USB drivers. They might not like something about the USB chipset used by your motherboard ā€“ USB 2 chipsets almost all work perfectly under OS X but USB 3 can be super flaky with some chipsets.
>>
>>55414234
Yeah, try to plug it in other port
>>
>>55414811
It's kind of painful. Do I need lube?
>>
>asrock hobo build
>it actually just werks
>sleep, audio, networking, wireless, graphics
Well fuck me.
>>
>tfw r9 380
>tfw can't into hackintosh
Life is suffering
>>
File: 1466195730763.png (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1466195730763.png
34 KB, 400x400
>>55414995
>can't eat shit from my hands
>Life is suffering
iknowthatfeelmacbro
>>
>>55414995
just use integrated GPU
>>
File: FB_IMG_1465716770474.jpg (35 KB, 509x1138) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465716770474.jpg
35 KB, 509x1138
Hey guys, happy to see this thread.

Ok, I grabbed an Early 2008 20" iMac from salvage. It has an issue where it cant boot the OS or recovery (flashing file with question mark on it), and im trying to reinstall the OS.

When I load a bootable USB with Transmac, it boots (at least some images) but always gets stuck during install, with the drives light not flashing anymore. Should I bite the bullet and get some DVD-DLs and load it that way, or am I missing something?

Worth noting I dont have any apple stuff other than this, i only have Windows utils available.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>55414811
I already did that reread what I said.
>>55414799
Think you're onto something. I got it working for now by plugging in a powered usb hub to one of the USB 2.0 ports and plugging HHKB into that. For some reason the hub made the difference, because I tried plugging directly into the same port and no dice.

Also, currently trying to get Realtek ALC271x audio codec working found a patched VoodooHDA for my specific codec, is it as simple as place kext in S/L/E/ and reboot or am I missing a step? Read something about clearing kext cache but get file not found when I try running the commands
>>
>>55415180
>Should I bite the bullet
Yes, please kill yourself.
>>
>>55415199
Oh come on man, I thought this was supposed to be a friendly thread. If you cant help just tell me.
>>
>>55415023
what is stopping you?
>>
>>55415180
I don't think dvds will change anything. Try to install linux on it, or boot os x installer with verbose argument
>>
>>55415242
I have no hands.
>>
>>55415257
how do you eat then?
>>
>>55414856
You must have lucked out and gotten a fairly "standard" system. In my experience the closer a motherboard is to reference specs, the better it runs OS X. Boards that do weird custom shit are the ones OS X doesn't like. Usually that means cheaper motherboards and cheap consumer laptops, but your mobo somehow escaped that fate.

>>55415184
>Think you're onto something. I got it working for now by plugging in a powered usb hub to one of the USB 2.0 ports and plugging HHKB into that. For some reason the hub made the difference, because I tried plugging directly into the same port and no dice.
Some folks with bad USB 3 chipsets just boot into BIOS/EFI and drop those ports down into USB 2 mode to fix weirdness like what you're seeing. Might want to give that a shot
>>
>>55415249
Ah, I forgot about verbose.

Oh, i did check logs when the installer was going (tried multiple images of Leopard, SLeopard, Mountain Lion and El Capitan) and it always stops at java essentials and hangs for too long.
>>
how many fucking generals does this board need
>>
>>55415323
/g/ - Generals
>>
>>55415306
Thanks will try that
>>
>>55415390
/gg/ - Technology Generals
Moot when
>>
>>55415390
whats wrong with things of the same topic going into the same thread so that /g/ isn't full of cluttered repeated threads
>>
File: 1241373532590.jpg (11 KB, 238x238) Image search: [Google]
1241373532590.jpg
11 KB, 238x238
>>55417164

I hate you so much
>>
>>55417335
well i h8 u more
>>
File: It was 20 a few hours ago.png (432 KB, 1349x646) Image search: [Google]
It was 20 a few hours ago.png
432 KB, 1349x646
>>55417164
>>55417375

How can you justify this?

The entire fucking front page is often nothing but generals
>>
>>55417406
I'll say it again whats wrong with cleaning up the board so it's not full of cluttered repeat bullshit consumerism threads. If they must exist why not keep them contained to one thread instead of having 10 different threads arguing about linux vs windows and what graphics card to buy.

Yeah it's not perfect but I've noticed a lot more real discussion of interesting topics happening and I support that a hell of a lot more than 10 different nvidia vs amd threads
>>
>>55417487
let's just have a seperate board for them
>>
>>55418257
They already have both /fa/ and /lgbt/, they just won't stay in their containment boards.
>>
>>55418273
OS X is the only good OS.
>>
File: 1441255392834.jpg (45 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1441255392834.jpg
45 KB, 600x800
>>55418323
>OS X is the only good OS.
>>
>>55418330
Here, lemme repost my old post

For me its how everything is neatly organized and how much stuff os x has built in. Does your de have/can it perform:
*Boolean searches
*Built-in text summarizer
*Built-in PDF editing tool
*Full emoji support
*Being able to preview video and audio without external programs
*Being able to screenshot any GUI element with shadows and other decorations
*Creating files by dragging n dropping text
*Such an advanced notification system
*All apps going with one guideline
*All apps supporting high DPI without breaking
*Quickly calculate something by typing it into search
*Built-in dictionary so you could select any word and get definition
? And that all is just a fraction of all the features in 16 years of evolution of OS X.
>>
>>55406052
They are all masochists
>>
File: 1443991259391.png (238 KB, 642x1488) Image search: [Google]
1443991259391.png
238 KB, 642x1488
>>55418370
>16 years of evolution of OS X.
>>
>>55418706
Single window mode > fullscreen mode
>>
Ok, so I got a T420, anyone can help me where to start? I have W7 and Debian already installed
>>
>>55419075
Why would you willingly eat shit from your hands?
>>
>>55419095
He already has a thinkpad with linux.
>>
>>55400926
>listening to music and watching a movie at the same time
>using two browsers at the same time
>photoshop and another art program
>talking to someone most likely text based through skype.
all in the sametime. how can you physically multitask all of this
>>
>>55420567
4 monitors :$)
>>
>>55420567
He doesn't need to, it's just convenient to keep all of it open.
>>
Ok whats the best light weight c++ ide, thats not Xcode (fuck that shit) and codelite (buggy af)
? Please i need it asap.
>>
>>55420846
Xcode really isn't bad. I use it both at my fulltime job and for my hobby projects and it's rarely given me issues.

You could try Qt Creator I guess. Works well enough but doesn't feel like a mac app at all. The most lightweight option of course would be Textmate 2 or Sublime Text or vim with appropriate autocomplete plugins.
>>
>>55419075
Only universal solution: >>55401413
>>
Is there a better video player than MPlayer OSX Extended available?
>>
>>55423136
MPV works on my machine. Install via brew.
>>
>>55423295
Why do I need to install it via brew? I tried doing it but I couldn't get it to work so I just grabbed this

http://sva.wakku.to/~chris/mpv_builds/
>>
>>55423608
so you could update, duh.
>>
>>55423608
note: install it in HEAD mode, so it installs as .app without the need for dependencies.
>>
>>55423648
oh fuck i meant --with-bundle
afaik it's not in release yet though
>>
Are there any good Photoshop alternatives? I've seen a few osx-only lately.
>>
>>55424017
GIMP and Krista are your closest bet.
>>
>>55424541
Nevermind, the program in question was found to be Affinity Photo. My mind was thinking Pixelmator and Acorn though.
>>
>>55409198
Jesus Christ, Mavericks looked so much better than le capitaniĆ², I wonder if I should just switch back...
>>
>>55424727
Switch until it gets too late!
>>
Did anyone manage to mount NTFS drives with write access via the /etc/fstab file?

When I make the entry, my NTFS drive simply fails to mount. Is there a size limit or something?
>>
>>55424860
It's disabled by default for a reason yknow
Just use ntfs-3g or Paragon ntfs
>>
File: 1461559089028.gif (1 MB, 380x325) Image search: [Google]
1461559089028.gif
1 MB, 380x325
>>55400269
Big thanks to nawcom and crew for fake smc.kext
I love y'all niggas
>>
I did one with a 4790k and a Radeon 7870. Easy to install the cracked full installer (not from the app store) then upgrade to El Cap.

Worked great, had a problem with waking from sleep which was fixed with 10 seconds of Googling.

One day I couldnt boot to El Cap and never went back to fix it.
>>
>>55400269
The one thing I hate about the Hackintosh communities is this childish censorship insanely Mac has over Tony Mac. Jesus fucking Christ guys, tonymac has tuts like crazy for shit. Fucking elitists.
>>
File: .jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>55424579
>tfw OS X has THREE good photoshop alternatives and photoshop itself
>tfw GIMP is the only alternative for GNU/Linux/BSD
Fuck, couldn't they make it at least usable in 20 years of development?
>>
Where can I download OS X if I don't own any products that run OS X? I assume I can just torrent it and compare the torrent checksum to the official one, right?
>>
>>55426550
I would torrent a version with the app store and download the for sure legitimate installer from the app store.
>>
>>55426791
You mean torrent a version of OS X, run it inside a VM, and then from that VM download a legit version of OS X?
>>
>>55426840
Yes
>>
>>55426874
Is there any reputable source for OS X iso file checksums?
>>
Anyone have a good link to clean OSX dmgs? It seems like none of the ones I can get on kat or tpb install or have zero seeders. I dont have any functioning Apple comps to get stuff from the app store either
>>
So I know this isn't a true hackintosh, but I was thinking about upgrading an 06 Mac Pro and kitting it out with a couple of the quad core Xeon x5355 CPUs and a GTX 950. Then, I'd dual boot Windows 10 and 10.11. Is this doable?
>>
>>55428630
Yes. Why would anyone run Windows 10 though?
>>
>>55426911
Pretty sure you can check that in the app store itself.
>>
>>55428670
I'd like to play some Windows-only games on it sometimes.
>>
>>55429504
Do games require Windows 10?
>>
Does OS X support 144 hz monitors?
>>
>>55400808
This is the most autistic post I've read all day.
>>
>>55414799
>>55414482
>>55414448
>>55414424
>>55414325
>>55414264
>>55414223
>>55413966
>>55413830
>>55413618
>>55413260

It werkd. Still don't have my 32GB 1333 in or the wireless ac/bluetooth card, but other than that, good to go. Very fast.

Geekbench here:

https://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/7234459
>>
>>55431494
>wasting a perfectly good ssd on crapintosh
>>
>>55431547

Actually I wasted two because I bought an incompatible NVME SSD as well as the AHCI M.2 one I ended up using
>>
how do I force every folder to show dimensions in column view? it only shows the option to add that if theres video in the folder or if the folder itself has the word ``pictures'' in it, and no apparent way whatsoever to apply it to all folders which is so fucking straight up retarded it makes me want to pull my hair out using this baby toy shit excuse of a file manager.
>>
>>55432293
GNU+Linux and Windows+NT don't have this problem. :^)
>>
>>55432293
whut
please post examples how it's supposed to be
>>
File: 1463632719983.png (51 KB, 618x950) Image search: [Google]
1463632719983.png
51 KB, 618x950
>>55432293
Microsoft Windows doesn't have this problem. :^)
>>
>>55432293
>>55432358
I got it
basically
hardlink the directory to ~/Pictures
add column
remove hardlink
>>
not sure if right thread, but what is the best media player for 10.10? I'm currently running Clementine which has been pretty good but I'd like to try something else.
>>
Is there any version of OS X I can run on a weak laptop with an intel atom processor?
>>
>hackintosh works fine if CPU is stock
>if I overclock it refuses to boot
>>
>>55433288
M P V

Also did you try iTunes? I too didn't use it at first. Also try Cog.
>>
>>55433499
I used iTune for a while but when they did a big update maybe 2 years ago the interface and way they sorted songs really threw me off and felt very counter intuitive e.g took 3 clicks for something that used to take one double click

I'll look at MPV and Cog though, cheers.
>>
>>55433542
Just use an older version of iTunes. I personally still use 11.
>>
>>55433499
>>55433542
>>55433555
>iTunes

Neck yourself.
>>
>>55433555
I'd rather get off itunes for good, but i'll keep it in mind if all else fails.
>>
>>55433641
There is nothing wrong with itunes.
>>
File: 1443247219626.jpg (38 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1443247219626.jpg
38 KB, 600x800
>>55433678
>There is nothing wrong with itunes.
>>
>>55433711
it's ok on os x
>>
I can not for the life of me install this on my laptop. Got Tmac, formatted my USB drive, and restored to disk image with El Capitan.

When I boot from the USB drive, laptop doesn't detect anything so it just boot straight to Windows.

Laptop is an HP 17-g121wm running an AMD A10-8700P APU.
>>
>>55435787
>amd
LOL

So, did you restore usb to disk image, or a usb's partition to disk image? What's inside the EFI folder?
>>
>>55435787
>wanting to eat shit from your hands
>>
>>55436003
>eating so much you have 35 bmi
>>
>>55435870
>>55436003
>>55436049

on second thought this all sounds like a horrible idea lol
>>
>>55436237
Yeah... OS X may be stable on a modern Intel CPU, but AMD cpus guarantee instability and potential kernel panics.
>>
File: 1466373797646.jpg (204 KB, 668x942) Image search: [Google]
1466373797646.jpg
204 KB, 668x942
>>55436260
>guarantee instability and potential kernel panics.
That's on any applel product.
>>
>>55436292
but OS X is a NeXT product
>>
>>55400521
goto fail;
goto fail;
>>
>>55436542
it's only for os x 10.9 and got fixed in 10.9.2
different scale
>>
>>55427480
RUTRACKER
here's the one i used (i think)
http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4840646
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-06+at+11.36.09).png (11 KB, 852x311) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-06+at+11.36.09).png
11 KB, 852x311
>>55436292
Windows Crash
Windows Error
Mac Crash (OSX yields less, and Mac Error is on the same level)
Windows Blue Screen
Mac Kernel Panic
>>
>>55438186
You gotta take into account that Windows is much more spread than Mac. Of course thereĀ“s a higher net total of errors.
>>
>>55438212
Please I'm not going to properly argue with an autist.
>>
>>55400946
Could you give me the download link? Do I need some cdkey or something?
>>
>>55438251
People like to spam that shit but you have to already posess an Apple device to be able to freely get it. If you have a mac you can just go in the apple store and click download then copy it wherever you want. You can find it on torrent sites.
>>
>>55438251
no cdkeys needed
here are some resources:
rutracker.org
kickass.to
thepiratebay.vg
>>
>>55438251
http://sumtingwong.tech/memes/
have fun
>>
>>55438822
hahah lulz so epic xD
>>
>>55438834
thank you?
>>
>>55438822
>el crapitan
RE~
Mavericks or nothing!
>>
Can I hackintosh my T410?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.