[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst family tech support experiences
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: d.png (100 KB, 301x352) Image search: [Google]
d.png
100 KB, 301x352
ITT: Post greentexts of bad family tech support experiences

>be me
>dad's coworkers tell him that raspberry pis and old PCs can run linux and a web server
>dad knows i like computers and linux (he lets me talk his ear off about it in the car)
>he asks me if i can turn our old XP machine (pentium 4/1gb RAM) into a web server
>say yes
>get PC from basement
>decide to use debian
>USB ports are intermittently functional
>use DVD instead
>windows 7 (our family PC, laptop not available) can't burn disk right
>use debian's setup.exe
>need to load the install cd
>try using the complete ISO, not the netinst
>reboot
>update 1/58
>wait overnight
>same thing

your turn, /g/ays

>pic unrelated
>>
I don't interact with people
>>
3 4
>>
>>55399645
I've never had a bad experience because I don't pretend to be proficient at things I'm not. Get good at playing computer and you won't have these problems.
>>
>>55399783
Niceme.me
>>
>>55399803
OP here-

I've done tons of linux installs before. The issue with this one is that I can't boot from USB or CD on it due to some strange BIOS issues.
>>
>>55399783
I wasn't expecting to get triggered today.
>>
>>55399645
Why would you use Debian instead of Ubuntu if you're a noob?
>>
>>55399783
An abstractly exquisite meme.
>>
File: 20160703_141926.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160703_141926.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
>>55399645
My parents got an iMac against my recommendations and forgot their password for iCloud. The prompt to log into iCloud opens every time they turn on the computer and it has no button to close or minimize it so they just leave it on the side and try to ignore it.

Also they haven't updated to the latest operating system despite notifications popping up for it for a few months.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.