[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >Lawnmower man was made in 1992 And yet we are still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: lawnmowerman2[1].jpg (53 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
lawnmowerman2[1].jpg
53 KB, 600x300
>2016
>Lawnmower man was made in 1992
And yet we are still doing floating, flying, soaring (teleporting kek) crap for VR with a huge piece of headgear and cable with lousy FoV and shitty res that makes you want to puke.
>>
I don't get it. And I think LAN mowers were made before that
>>
>>55398754
who's that supposed to be? arnold schwarzenegger?
>>
>>55398849
>>55398861
>Never having watched Lawnmower Man
>Not knowing the floating, flying line.
Underage b&
>>
>>
VR is the new 3D movies, and like 3D movies it will rise from the dead every 20-30 years and be hailed by clueless nerds as THE FUTURE before it implodes under its own hype again.
>>
>>55398900
Not everyone cares about your obscure movie hipster
>>
who's that supposed to be, arnold schwarzenegger?
>>
>>
>>55398974
>90s babbies calling Lawnmower Man "obscure"

Please overdose at an EDM festival.
>>
neural interface tech is being suppressed by the shadow government who wants to control it because of its immortality potential
>>
Who's that supposed to be? Arnold Schwarzeneggar?
>>
File: 1463011018709.jpg (53 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1463011018709.jpg
53 KB, 403x403
>>55398754

it was a cool movie with tons of stuff that is hip now and to be honest I'm fucking astonished how few people know this movie.

I blame the "silly" title.

normies couldn't get themselves to watch a movie called "lawnmower man"
>>
I watched this movie for the first time (80's fag who used to play the SNES game where you throw CD's at enemies and go into faux VR minigames). Definitely 90's Stephen King movie tier/10.
>>
I think the whole problem was insinuating that stupidity was actually an illness that could be "cured" offended some people, since Joel wasn't really retarded, just an idiot.
>>
>>55401481
It might have also offended intellectuals who felt that learning something without actually having studied was akin to giving a monkey a hand grenade, which is stupid cause its kind of the maxim of the movie.
>>
Do you remember that really obscure show about VR that was on fox for about 5 minutes and ran back to back with X-files?
>>
>>55398900
1996 birthdate = 20 y/o
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.