[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do webdevs like shitty technology?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: JQuery_logo.png (80 KB, 2200x1200) Image search: [Google]
JQuery_logo.png
80 KB, 2200x1200
why do webdevs like shitty technology?
>>
write less, do more
>>
bootstrap is more wtf
>>
Javascript has such an anaemic standard library that it pretty much forces you to pull in something. jQuery was one of the earliest, so it gained marketshare before everyone realised how shit it was.
>>
it's pretty cool actually, i wish it was integrated in original javascript and jquery deleted
raw javascript sucks
>>
>>55395331
which unemployed hobby programmer are you? The lisp faggot?
>>
>>55397282
t. Amateur web dev
>>
>Google 'how to do X in javascript'
>get StackOverflow results
>every answer: 'get jQuery'

This is the most aggravating part.
>>
>reinventing the wheel
>>
File: Pzq387b.gif (2 MB, 270x480) Image search: [Google]
Pzq387b.gif
2 MB, 270x480
>>55397979
>This is the most aggravating part.
ARRRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!
I hate that shit.
It doesn't help that jQuery is written in JS, so it doesn't add ANY functionality to the language.
>>
desu html, css, javascript, php should be redone from scratch. Having to learn over 4 languages to do one little crap on a website is bullshit. Not only that folders are filled with tons of crap files so one language can talk to the other language and vice versa. Fucking annoying. Coding websites is a cluster fuck. I am literally hoping for web 2.0 where this shit is solved. One language for everything, two max! One language for design and one for coding. There should not be more!!!
>>
>>55397282
>>55397941
For me, I know javascript and learned it way before I actually realized there is jQuery, ever since I use jQuery, it just saves me time and money.

If the client or the task requires something more than that, or special feature etc. sure I'll just use flesh and bone good ol js but if thats not in the mix, I'll just throw a shit ton of jquery and bootstrap
>>
>>55398136
I hope you step on a Lego.
>>
>>55398136

If you knew how to use the latest CSS and ES6 with polyfills, I don't see why you'd use JQuery. JQuery is a mess and horrible to use.

Face it, you're just a poorly educated web dev.
>>
>not using asm.js

don't you want to be a true patrician?
>>
>>55398056
>>55397282

You don't seem to get the point of jQuery, It's all just a collection of objects and methods.

jQuery is raw Javascript already, and unless you're a complete novice in JS or programming in general you'll just use jQuery to traverse the DOM and make AJAX requests, I don't see the point of using jQuery for anything else.
>>
>>55397979
>>55398056
> Open Jquery source code
> Find the method
> Get inspired
ez
>>
As a wannabe PHP back end dev I despise JS, jQuery helps with not breaking everything in front of me when I wish to do some AJAX or do some interactive forms.
>>
>>55398248
Nobody "uses" asm.js as anything but a compiler target, and it's already outdated.
>>
>>55398544
>not writing asm.js by hand
come on now
>>
>>55396353
wut?

>>55395331
there are examples with simple shit all over the web, normies like to copy-paste, it quickly went from a helper for specific scenarios into the "default" js lib to include in a webproject (or you can't copy-paste anything from stackoverflow)
>>
>>55396368
jquery normalizes everything in the browsers
honestly browsers should just add the jquery library locally.. it's not the web developers fault browsers are so fucking all over the place. web chome vs desktop chrome has insane differences and that's supposed to be "the same browser"
>>
File: aJr4V8V.png (188 KB, 534x710) Image search: [Google]
aJr4V8V.png
188 KB, 534x710
>>55398254
>You don't seem to get the point of jQuery,
No, you don't get MY point.
It's a fuckton of extra software noobs use to prevent themselves from actually learning how to do anything.
It's a solution in search of a problem.
It's one more thing to keep patched.
It's one more avenue of attack.
It doesn't do ONE THING I can't do without it.
But when I need help from the "community", I all I hear is :"why learn to code? just get jQuery to do it", or "lol, I dunno, jQuery doesn't do that, guess it's impossible".

Fuck jQuery and its users.
>>
>>55395331
oh, as an addendum to >>55398642 , i bet most of jquery usages can be replaced with
var $ = function(param)
{
var name = param.substring(1, param.length);
if (param.startsWith("#"))
return document.getElementById(name)
else if (param.startsWith("."))
return document.getElementsByClassName(name)
else
return document.getElementsByTagName(param)
};

its just stuff by lazy folks. there is proper use cases, there always where, but stackoverflow normies like to copypaste smaller chunks of shit they dont understand, as long as it "works".
>>
File: ybWKjSM.png (44 KB, 753x772) Image search: [Google]
ybWKjSM.png
44 KB, 753x772
>>55398842
>>
www.needsmorejquery.com
>>
>>55395331
I bet you're just a noob who just spouts things without knowing what you're saying.

If you're doing simple things, sure you can avoid jQuery but for big projects, you're gonna want to use it to save yourself the time from reinventing something that's been done before and publicly available
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.