[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/entoos, bought an asus E403SA with win 10 yesterday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Hello /g/entoos,

bought an asus E403SA with win 10 yesterday (yes, I know, I'm a cuck but can't into linux and too poor to mac) and I cannot for the life of me get the wifi to work. I've tried switching drivers on the wifi network adapter, spent three hours on google looking for fixes and eventually said fuck it, got drunk and fucked a whore, but that didn't fix my problem.
Any advice, tips on getting the wifi to work? it sometimes connects, sometimes doesn't (I have to reboot it and try again and sometimes it fucking has the decency to connect) but even when it works it's slow as shit.
Currently posting from my relic dell running xp, lent laptop that I have to return which fucking pisses me off because it works like a charm.

Help a fellow neet out, god will reward you.
>>
>>55392929
Download the latest drivers for ethernet/wifi for your current motherboard from the motherboard manufacturer's website from another computer and onto a usb. Then install the drivers on the other computer.
>>
>>55393019
Or look on the asus downloads tab and find the drivers for the e403sa and do the same thing
>>
>>55392929
http://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks/ASUS-VivoBook-E403SA/HelpDesk_Download/
>>
>>55393061
>>55393019

currently downloading that, will give it a try but I think that's the same driver that the one I already have installed.
anyways thx, will get back to you
>>
>>55393019
>>55393061

Installed the driver, which was apparently an updated version of the one I had, managed to connect after a few tries but it stills fails to load a page, telling me it can't connect to the url.
>>
it actually disconnected and tells me there are no wifi connections now. Like i said it's kind of random i have to reboot it a bunch of times for it to want to connect.
>>
now it finds my neighbor's wifi but not mine.
>>
after rebooting my router it found the wifi again but after asking me for the WPA key, tells me it can't connect to it. Keeps asking me for the WPA key and won't connect.
>>
>>55393554
Make sure your wifi is running on 2.4 ghz. Older laptops will not be compatible with 5. Otherwise call customer service for asus. Probably a faulty wifi card or something.
>>
>>55393955
my antic dell can connect fine to my wifi and I bought the asus yesterday so I don't think that's the issue.
Managed to connect but, again, it disconnected and doesn't want to connect anymore.

>faulty wifi card

fuck me
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.