[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Operating System Woes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (68 KB, 651x602) Image search: [Google]
image.png
68 KB, 651x602
Having issues with my disk usage shooting up to 100% constantly. Regretting not knowing more about computers, luckily I have you friends here to help me. I've google searched endlessly and tried all of the trouble shoots I've seen available.
None have worked, I'm to the point of doing a complete fresh install of Windows 10. (It's free, and I'm familiar with it, have never even seen Linux in person- yes we exist.)
Any ideas guys, or should I just do the complete fresh install?
Fairly certain it isn't malware, I've run Windows defender, malware bytes, and ccleaner.
Anyone out there experiencing the Windows 10 phenomena of 100% disk usage?

>pic somewhat related, google image but very similar
>>
File: fuckoffbacktoreddit.png (55 KB, 702x80) Image search: [Google]
fuckoffbacktoreddit.png
55 KB, 702x80
install gentoo
>>
>>55388749
Get CrystalDiskInfo and see if your disk is dying.
>>
The NSA is copying your data.
>>
>>55388749
>both disks at 0%.
>>
>>55388749
>Using windows
>Windows 10
>Outside VM
>>
Well it could be malware and or a rootkit
>>
>>55388749
Stop google drive +dropbox+chrome and see what happens.
Anyone reported this?
>>
>>55388749
>Anyone out there experiencing the Windows 10 phenomena of 100% disk usage?
I've seen random 100% disk usage spikes in plenty of computers running W10, even ones with SSDs and on my 850 EVO when i wanted to try W10. It's one of my arguments against this crap OS along with the fucking awful UI.

Now if it's constantly running at 100% disk usage i have no clue. Maybe it's a "feature" along with useless shit like cortana and the botnet.

That said, install gentoo.
>>
>>55388749
You don't seem to have much ram. It's perfectly normal for disk usage to shoot up when the system starts raping the page file.
>>
how full is your HDD or SSD, and how old is it/them? I know you dont technically need to defrag on win 10 but try running that might clean some of that up, and do a disk cleanup...the windows one not through ccleaner...if none of that works and you have used malwarebytes and defender...then yea a wipe and reload should work...in windows 10 you would do a simple reset (and no im not meaning reboot)

hope this works
>>
>>55388749
If you're not doing anything with Skype - make new profile - in some situations Skype database can get fucked and it will try to redownload images forever - experienced that - took me good 10 minutes to debug the issue and narrow it down to broken SQLite entry.
>>
>>55388749
install gentoo
>>
I'm sleep deprived to sew Google talk to text is going to write this message out for me so that I can post in some stupid 4chan thread and go to bed simply put I've had this issue before several times and computers started with Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 it's an issue that sadly is also a Windows 10 and there's absolutely nothing you can do to fix it. I have looked online forever and forever and I can find nothing that will fix the problem. All I can say is you are shit out of luck. I first encountered this issue when I bought a brand new Toshiba laptop from Walmart about 2 or 3 years ago to find that the disk usage was at 100% so I returned it to get a new one and have the exact same issue then I recently acquired an Alienware Dell laptop and it doesn't have this issue yet however if I update it does have that issue, and even Microsoft's own Surface Pro 3 has this issue if I update it. So essentially ever since running Windows 8.1 I've had to keep windows from updating not because of spyware but because it will literally cripple my system.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.