[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vim/Neovim thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Neovim-logo-+-type.sh.png (19 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
Neovim-logo-+-type.sh.png
19 KB, 650x650
Didn't see a vim/neovim thread so here is a thread

I have a basic question, how do I repeat the workflow of opening 2 tabs, copying a line or two of text from one tab to the other while switching between each other, in vim?
Most guides just explain the commands, not really how to do even slightly advanced stuff.
>>
First for fucking EMACS

You VIM KEKS can go and blow a MASSIVE ton of dicks as per USUAL.

HEIL EMACS
>>
>>55388706
Nice way to promote your jewish editor, instead of making a thread like I did, you come in here and shit up mine.
That will definitely encourage a few people to switch from vim to emacs.
>>
>>55388747
HOLY SHIT I bet you jewish little cunt is from Canada.

Eat SHIT.

EMACS 5 LYFE YOU NIGG
>>
>>55388693
:o file1
:tabnew file2
y10gj // yank 10 lines below
Ctrl-W l // the letter L
p
>>
>>55388833
I mixed up the switch pane command with the tab one. Don't use
Ctrl-w l
, use
:tabnext
until you rebind it like most do
>>
>>55388833
>>55388863
Thanks
>>
>>55388706
EMACS
>>55388747
EMACS
>>55388804
EMACS
>>55388833
EMACS
>>55388863
EMACS
>>55388874
EMACS

VIM CAN SUCC A DONG
>>
>>55388946
For the sake of civility and staying relevant, can you at least explain how to do the workflow described in the OP in Emacs?
>>
>>55388977
C-x 3 or C-x 2
Switch between tabs with C-x o
Mark text with space and cursor
Cut with C-w, copy with M-w
Paste with C-y
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.