[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking to join the master race. I want to max everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: build.png (206 KB, 1800x878) Image search: [Google]
build.png
206 KB, 1800x878
I'm looking to join the master race. I want to max everything out at 1080p60 for the next 5 years, no compromise.

Is this a good build? Are there any savings I could make? I'm mostly skeptical of the mobo.

I'll be picking up a 1070 later when they're actually available. Tempted to get a Founder's Edition because I'm impatient but nah.
>>
>>55387178
the 1070 is overkill for 1080p maybe get a 980 or a RX 480 instead
>>
>>55387178
spending all that money on mah e sports hardware instead of a 1080 LUL
>>
You could save on the case, keyboard and mouse. Could probably get away with a lower wattage psu aswell. Thermal pate probably comes with the cooler.
>>
No GPU ever will get you 5 years on max settings. A PC isn't a console where the requirements don't change.

Also >500W PSUs are retarded in the 14nm age as are your keyboard and mouse. And get 16 GB of RAM, it's cheaper than your fucking mouse. And you don't need thermal grease, the Noctua comes with some.
>>
Get an SSD.
>>
>>55387252
op said next 5 years. 1070 would be perfect and unless youre looking at getting a used card, its the best option

>>55387178
1080 might be a bit overkill but it will most likely last 5 years as well. still better to just buy the best of now and upgrade later though
>>
Don't buy a keyboard and mouse yet. Finish your full PC with your entire budget then fill out luxuries later. You won't regret it.

If you're not a high end video editor you won't need a 6700, it gives absolutely no real performance over a 6600 in gaming at all.

Save that bit of money if you don't need to spend it, get a 1080 instead and upgrade your case and get an SSD for sure. Any SSD from a good brand is alright. Just make sure you get one, they're so good.
>>
File: 1243963105258.jpg (17 KB, 405x289) Image search: [Google]
1243963105258.jpg
17 KB, 405x289
>>55387178
DDR 4 and running single channel...
>>
>>55387178
1080p60 is still master race? Maybe in the Eastern Bloc, wtf oppie
>>
>>55387485
this
OP should get 2x4 or 2x8
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.