[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dedicated Server
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: serv.jpg (593 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
serv.jpg
593 KB, 1680x1050
So, I'm looking for a dedicated server for the following stuff:
Seedbox,
Minecraft,
Web hosting,
4chan bot
So I have searched myself for a bit and I've come up with 1 option for now:
https://www.kimsufi.com/en/servers.xml
I'll prolly take the KS-3A for now and upgrade to KS-5 when they have it available.
Now what I'm wondering is: Why are the servers so god damn cheap?? And If anyone has got a recommendation please tell me. Thanks
>>
Because the CPU in that KS-3A is shit for web servers. Also good luck running all of that shit on one server unless you have like a maximum of 5 people hitting it at any given time.
>>
So what would you recommend? I'm new to hardware so :(. I've got 50$ a month to spare
>>
Bump cause I really need an answer!
>>
>>55384374
50/mo probably isnt enough to rent or build anything worth having or capable of doing half the shit you want.

You are too poor to afford this.

However, if you were smart there is a way to find vacant servers with default passwords still in place...
>>
>>55384417
Why wouldn't it? I forgot to mention that the MC server will prolly have 2 people on 3 at max.
>>
A physical dedicated one, i have one i use with lots of vms, if you dont have a great internet connection you could just get multiple vps's for small stuff, check out AWS i think they have stuff for this or try out IBMs LinuxOne which hosts their vps's on their linuxone mainframes
>>
>>55384460
But could I use an AWS vps as a seedbox? And yeah I'd build a server if I wouldn't have a 20/2 connection :(
>>
>>55384322
Nice try Hillary.
>>
>>55384438
Have you ever run a minecraft server before? Horrendously slow java crap. Even with only two people it will lag unless you have serious power above and beyond rec specs

Seeding with deluge would be fine on your internet and idk about other shit
>>
>>55384417
>vacant servers with default

what
>>
So, does anyone have any provider reccomendations?
>>
>>55384322
>>51971506
>>
>>55384886
Just wanted some advice but ok..
>>
>>55384914
You must be 18 or older to post on this site.
>>
>>55384971
What do you want to me scan my drivers licence? piss off I'm 18
>>
>>55384322
>https://www.kimsufi.com/en/servers.xml
It's a VPS.
>>
>>55385039
>https://www.kimsufi.com/en/servers.xml
It says it isnt
>>
>>55384417
$50/mo is plenty for what he's trying to do.

rtorrent + rutorrent uses a negligible amount of resources. The biggest issue would be disk space depending on how much stuff he wants to archive on the server.
Web hosting doesn't require anything fantastic provided you're caching properly. Worst case, he can pop CloudFlare in front of his server and it'll take a ton of load off. He's not going to get millions of visitors.
A basic web crawler or bot doesn't take shit for resources. He's going to have a glorified CURL script for fucks sake.

The biggest concern is the Minecraft server. And the minimum specs for 20 - 40 people (he is going to have 3) is
>Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 x2
>2GB RAM
>At least 150MB for world saves

Any Kimsufi that doesn't have an Atom would be far and above what he needs.
>>
>>55384721
OVH (Kimsufi)
Online.net

Those are your cheapest options. Kimsufi is probably your best bet.

>>55385039
You are either functionally illiterate or retarded. I'll let you pick.

>>55384497
Don't use AWS for a seedbox. You don't want your seedbox based in the US.

>>55384590
Have you run ANY server before? This shit isn't rocket science. You can get a server at Kimsufi with a Core i7-920 and 16GB of RAM for €21.99. That's incredible overkill. Do you think you can't run a Minecraft server on an i7, even an old one? If so, your should stop posting because you're too retarded for /g/ and that's saying something.
>>
>>55385228
>>55385144
Thank you kind annons for assuring me. have a nice day :)
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.