[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I'm dropping out of college but I completed quite a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1443664098439.jpg (68 KB, 682x681) Image search: [Google]
1443664098439.jpg
68 KB, 682x681
So, I'm dropping out of college but I completed quite a bit of a CS degree. Can I still market this to employers as being too cool for school?
>>
>>55383168
finish
>>
>>55383168
Just say you graduated they dont check
>>
>>55383168
Nope
>>
>>55383199
I fucking tried man.
I was going part-time for a while because I was working on a business at a same time (that failed) and fucked up the Math progression.

I forgot all the Calculus, retook it all once, and still failed stats and linear algebra twice.

I can program, but upper-level math breaks my brain.
>>
>>55383231

>Can't understand them vector spaces, the easiest part of math.

It's gonna be hard bro, you should probably bluff that you quit to chase some personal goal. Hope you got some projects to show them.
>>
>>55383168
You can always spin it as "just taking a break", possibly for health or family reasons. Or say you wanted to take some time off to decide whether CS was something you really wanted to pursue, and you ultimately decided on "yes" and you're planning on re-enrolling as soon as possible but want to get an internship/job in the meantime.

Getting a job is like 90% about marketing yourself.
>>
>>55383213
>Just say you graduated they dont check
It's hit and miss. I've never been asked to prove I've got my degree or been checked up on, yet I have a friend who was sacked because he'd lost his certificate during a house move and the company couldn't be bothered to check with the university.
>>
>>55383457
Did he really have no other way to prove he graduated? If I log into my old university account there's a page with my grades and shit that also has my graduation status.
>>
>>55383347
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem#Confusion_and_criticism
>"... no other statistical puzzle comes so close to fooling all the people all the time" and "that even Nobel physicists systematically give the wrong answer, and that they insist on it, and they are ready to berate in print those who propose the right answer"

Dude fuck anyone who says stats are easy. I just couldn't grok that shit.
>>
>>55383541

I mean if you take the time to study and apply the theorems you learn you should be ok. I don't think you would see the monty hall problem on a exam without any prior introduction.
>>
>>55383168
Finish
If not I sure hope you have some decent projects you can show future employers
>>
>>55383199
>fin(n)ish
Like Torvalds
>>
>>55383506
Link?
>>
>>55383457
Sounds like a shitty company your friend had worked for.
>>
>>55383231
If you fail at college odds are you will fail at life. Not because college is necessary, but because unlike life, everything you need to do to succeed is literally written out for you. Those who quit college and are successful don't do so because they failed, they do so because they knew it was a waste of time.Those who fluked out 'thought' it was a waste of time, and by dropping out with no plans unlike those who are/will be successful, they turned all the time they spent in college into wasted time.

Luckily, if your in software, 70% of the jobs don't require a college degree, but don't even mention the fact you failed because that is a major red flag.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.