[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im gonna upgrade from a gtx 770 sli to gtx 1080sli should i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 25984-004-4131C6EB.jpg (77 KB, 522x300) Image search: [Google]
25984-004-4131C6EB.jpg
77 KB, 522x300
im gonna upgrade from a gtx 770 sli to gtx 1080sli

should i not?

money really isn't an issue
>>
I DON'T GIVE A SHIT FUCK OFF BACK TO /v/
>>
>>55381760
Why would you SLI with the 1080? If you need that much power why not wait for big pascal?
>>
>>55381771
i havent been on /v/ since 2008
>>
>>55381791
the big chips are usually an even worse value and power/watt proposition

hence the 770's instead of 780s
>>
>>55381824
>even worse value
Worse value than SLI? A setup that is already a niche market and used less with every new game launched?
>>
>>55381848
i can count the amount of times sli hasnt been supported by a game i play on one hand

i get the second card for free for whatever i buy, so maybe that changes the equation a bit
>>
>>55381903
>i can count the amount of times sli hasnt been supported by a game i play on one hand
Do you only play games that supports SLI?

>i get the second card for free for whatever i buy
That makes any value consideration completely personal and makes the entire point about value for money a farce.
>>
>>55381760

i guess it should be mentioned that whatever im getting is coming directly from a wholesaler, thats why money isn't an issue

the rest of the lot is getting sold
>>
>>55381955
most games support sli, and any games i play that don't support sli are so old that it's a non-issue

i said money wasn't an issue to avoid the point about money, i only brought up value in that post to explain why i don't buy the big chips

if you want more detail, i don't get special considerations on the titans/980ti/780/780ti, just the normal range of chips

the halo items are sold acquired at retail pricing
>>
>>55381955
What games don't support SLI?

I haven't played a game in the past two years that doesn't support it, ancient and indie crap aside.

As long as you have the appropriate driver it usually just werks, especially if you wait a few days after the game comes out.

I don't imagine most people that use SLI have the buckets of time required to encounter the issue of games not supporting SLI on release day - I know I haven't played a game on the day it came out since high school.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.