[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are SSDs a meme? Planning to buy SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
Are SSDs a meme?
Planning to buy SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB
>>
Samsung ones are. Why would you pay more for less?
>>
>>55377953
go for it, you won't regret it.
>>
>>55377953
Yes, maximum meme, total scam, avoid at all costs :^)
>>
>>55377953
yess, a 5400 rpm 250 gig HDD is honestly the most anybody will ever need
>>
Short answer is no .
>>
>>55377953

I will never regret buying my 120g 850 evo.
>>
>>55377953
Also considering biting the SSD meme what are some good brands? Is Samsung the memest?
>>
>>55377982
I have this drive and have no problems with it, I also got an older sandisk one that crapped out on me the second day using it.
>>
>>55377953
They aren't a meme, just buy an 850 evo since what you would save isn't worth the performance drop unless you are on an extreme budget.
>>
what is that meme with the firmware update shit?
>>
Why would they be a meme? They are faster and the last few generations are quite durable.
>>
>>55378166
What brands are good? Are cheap brands like Kingston ok?
>>
>>55377953
I recently bought a 250GB SSD. Are you supposed to put your My Documents there? Or are they supposed to be on another hard drive because of muh space?
I mean the OS and muh games should be in the SSD for maximum speed amirite?
>>
>>55378406
Kingston is ok. Just don't buy Samsung since they're usually overpriced.

>>55378504
Keep your OS there, and any games/programs you use on daily basis. Keep your media files such as movies and songs on something of a larger capacity, and obviously any backups and installers too.
>>
>>55378821
>Just don't buy Samsung since they're usually overpriced.
>overpriced

Stop reading there
>>
>>55377953
>Are SSDs a meme?
pretty much.

If you want one get a kingdian.
>>
>>55378842
>implying Samsung isn't an apple clone
>>
>>55377953
http://packet.company/blog/
>So, after over 7PB written the 850 Pro has finally given up the ghost. It's been an amazing run over the past 9 months, and the drive has vastly outlasted its puny 150TB warranty - by a factor of more than 46 times.
>46 times

totally a meme
>>
no anon
HDDs are the past
>>
>>55378875
And can't ssds still be read and copied after they die? You just can't write to them anymore
>>
>>55377953
Yes, there is still bottleneck in sata
if i were you get the pcie one, in m.2 or the normal pcie slot
>>
Are PCIExpress SSDs better than SATA SSDs? What are their pros and cons?
>>
>>55378898
i don't know, but they're durable as fuck. Can HDDs be read upon after they crash? There's a chance.
Everyone whos only sticking to HDDs is living in the past.
>>
>>55378931
In my country SSDs are overpriced as hell, whereas the HDs are super cheap.
I might get one SSD for my Thinkpad and another one for my desktop, but via some family coming from USA.
>>
>>55378821
>>55378842
It´s true.
Samsung is 100% not the money worth,expect you are PcMasterFag.
Samsung SSD are good or maybe the bes SSDs but for -40$ you get the same size of GB or more,with maybe 10% less speed.
>>
>>55381392
What about reliability? Aren't samsung more reliable than cheaper brands like sandisk, a data, kingston etc?
>>
>>55377982
No samsung drives are the best ones you can get as far as TLC goes. And the warranty is great too. Definitely worth the premium
>>
are the PNY CS1311 worth it? Or should I go for the one with the fire cat?
>>
>hardware WGA that also datamines you

No thanks. I'd rather just buy two Adata drives for the same price.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.