[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my build. Should I get a better CPU, I'm probably not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: firstbuild.png (64 KB, 1200x769) Image search: [Google]
firstbuild.png
64 KB, 1200x769
Rate my build. Should I get a better CPU, I'm probably not gonna overclock. If I do, I would probably go up to 4.0Ghz
>>
>falling for the 8gb of RAM meme
>no ssd
>>
>>55376486
Just know that if you don't want to overclock, then that cpu + combo is fine. IIRC that mobo is locked, and that specific cpu isn't supposed to be overclocked.
Also, remove windows and add another 8gb ram stick.
Your build looks pretty nice man, cheers.
>>
Is i5-6600K worth if I don't plan to OC?
>>
>>55377591
No.
The "K" CPUs don't include a cooler, essentially because you're expected to overclock them, so the stock cooler isn't enough, and you're forced then to buy a cooler.
If you go with the non-K, you can use the stock cooler, but NO overclocking.
>>
>>55376486

If you're gonna use 8GB only make it 4 and 4.
>>
>probably not gonna overclock
>probably
theres the problem
>>
>>55378743
Oh, I see. I was planning on buying a CPU cooler either way though, are you saying I don't need it if I go i5-6500?
>>
>>55376486
Use DDR4 with skylake not DDR3.
>>
>>55376486
It's fine, but I would grab a z170 mobo. It's possible to overclock non-k processors using a special bios (google it).

And you definitely need an SSD. You don't necessarily need to split your ram into 2x 4gb sticks, it won't make a difference as far as performance goes.
>>
>>55378743
are you fucking kidding me? Why in the fuck did the 4670k come with a stock cooler then?
>>55376486
Rule of thumb for intel overclocking: only the K-series CPUs and Z-series chipsets can be overclocked, and only in combination of both.
>>
>>55378796
The only problem with stock coolers is that they tend to make a lot of noise (I'm not sure if this is the case with the latest CPUs).
If I were you I'd do this:
* Get the i5-6500
* Spend like 30 bucks in this cooler:
https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-RR-212E-20PK-R2/dp/B005O65JXI
* DON'T buy windows
* Get another 8GB stick
* Buy an SSD. I just recently cheaped out on a 480GB Crucial (which is supposedly absolutely horrible) and it's performed well. Seriously buy an SSD. Do you really 1 TB of storage? Then get an SSD AND a HDD.
* Maybe cheap out on the power supply a little bit.
>>
>>55378894

>DON'T buy windows

There's nothing wrong with buying Windows edgelord.
>>
>>55378886
>are you fucking kidding me? Why in the fuck did the 4670k come with a stock cooler then?
Apparently only skylake CPUs! Sorry about that.

>>55378911
Yeah, man. Go ahead and get a 90$ cheaper CPU because you'd rather have original windows.
>>
>>55378930
No worries, I had no idea the new ones come without a cooler.
>>
>>55376486
This is bad

try again and add this to your checklist if your not overclocking
>ddr4
>go get the cheapest board
>cheapest quadcore proccessor
>500w below psu
>>
>>55378930

Go ahead and steal because you have no moral principles. Nigger.
>>
you can get win10 for 70 meribucks less from kinguin
>>
>>55378986
Piracy does not equal stealing dumbass.
>>
File: 1308406729217.jpg (81 KB, 390x310) Image search: [Google]
1308406729217.jpg
81 KB, 390x310
>>55376486
>windows 10
>GPU 500 american dollarydorinos
>CPU 200 dollarydorinos
>MOBO 80 dollarydorinos

and this is why we need another board for this retards
>>
>>55379051

You're kinda right. At least when you steal you get the genuine version, while with piracy you become part of a Bitcoin mining botnet.
>>
>>55378930
No worries, I had no idea the new ones come without a cooler.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.