[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one become a data scientist /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1418865077075_0.jpg (102 KB, 967x1080) Image search: [Google]
1418865077075_0.jpg
102 KB, 967x1080
How does one become a data scientist /g/?
>>
>someone actually took the time to make this in mspaint
>someone actually thinks this is funny
>>
>>55375923
I had a chuckle
>>
>>55375923
Are you talking about the top part or the bottom part?
>>
>>55376219
>Are you talking about the top part or the bottom part?
Hm, let's try and find it out. Let's read it again
>>someone actually took the time to make this in mspaint
Now we think really hard. Hmmm..... mspaint..... hmmm....
Nope, just can't figure it out.
>>
>>55375888
I don't get it
>>
>>55376395
Seems like someone forgot we're on a "rajeet poo in the loo" spammer board and not on a tech board with people actually using their brain.
>>
>>55375888
?? There is nothing wrong with the image
>>
>>55375923
I thought it was funny. It's pretty ridiculous and I've already seen this type of performance comparisons before.
>>
I think you first study CS, then specialize in Data Mining, Big Data and then you become a data scientist.

You may also go from Math, through Statistics to Data Science
>>
>>55376485
Math is more relevant than CS desu
>>
Learn some statistics and get a general knowledge of data systems. Then start at an entry leven analyst position.
>>
>>55376494
For Informatics, Math is only a tool to study what can be done with information, how to code it and process it using computers. Math is something else than Informatics.
>>
>>55375923
Funnier than you
>>55376219
Even better
>>
>>55376395
What the fuck how stupid are you? You couldn't see a joke if it shat in your face
>>
>>55376395
the top part would take considerably more time to do in paint than the bottom
>>
>>55375888
>How does one become a data scientist /g/?
Become a statistician.
>>
Data science is math and statistics.

So take math and statistics courses
>>
>>55375888
>How does one become a meme "science" fag /g/?

Well, little Anon, learn what linear regression is and you can call yourself that.
>>
>>55375888
Is 2 bigger than 1? I forget. Math is hard.
>>
File: InformationTheory.png (343 KB, 800x946) Image search: [Google]
InformationTheory.png
343 KB, 800x946
Start with classical stats, Bayesian stats, probability theory, stochastic processes and general math.
Learn a bit about algorithms, graphs and optimization methods also.

With that you can learn machine learning and statistical learning to start doing "data science".
>>
>>55377100
Also along the way, make sure to purge yourself of any knowledge of the assumptions required for any of the models in any of those fields to hold. Otherwise you might have the nagging feeling that you're churning out bullshit.
Don't worry too much, though, most computer scientists are good at forgetting (or never learning) what assumptions have to hold for any of their stuff to work.
>>
>>55375923
>someone thinks that drawing that took longer than 30 seconds
>that someone is you
>>
>>55377440
well, which field cares about all the assumptions for say linear rregression?
>>
>>55375923
"I don't understand the joke"
>>55376395
"I still don't understand the joke"

Autism, everyone.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.