[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking to get into computer/IT security. Where would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: VuOmzM3.png (156 KB, 342x276) Image search: [Google]
VuOmzM3.png
156 KB, 342x276
I'm looking to get into computer/IT security. Where would be a good place for an absolute beginner to start?
>>
>>55372561
slope snog smog
>>
Bump. Maybe do the penetration testing with Kali Linux course offensive security does? If you want to pentest.
>>
>>55372561
Eli the computer goy has a playlist on IT security
>>
I'd say, try to learn how a computer communicates. Get from the simple stuff to the complex. I mean, like, do you know why do computers communicate using binary? Do you know how CPUs work?
>>
>>55373049
>>55373077
Thanks for the advice. Will go check these out.

>>55373090
I've watched a few videos on CPUs, but I haven't really absorbed it. Also, Binary represents on/off states of transistors in the components, right?
>>
you gotta learn about software exploits and how computer code is interpreted by cpus. then learn how operating systems work with cpus and things like security rings. then learn some networking protocols and how computers communicate with each other. the rfcs about network protocols typically have security concerns listed. then you learn web app sec with database backed applications and javascript based frontends. then you go to metasploit unleashed and learn how to fit it all together so you can hack anything. you'll eventually become good or learn that you can never become good.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.