[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should i solder heatsink to CPU?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Intel_Core_i7-920_CPU_Splash.jpg (49 KB, 600x548) Image search: [Google]
Intel_Core_i7-920_CPU_Splash.jpg
49 KB, 600x548
this is the freshest / dankest / blazing meme right now on /g/

It makes perfect sense since solder>Thermal Jew
>>
>>55371701
> he thinks he can heat up a HEATSINK enough to allow a thorough solder bond
> he has no problems exposing his core to 200+ degrees for however long it takes for the heatsink to get hot enough to bond to.

Why are you even on this board?
>>
>>55371727
ahhh the 100C meme

the cpu in pic can operate at 120C
>>
>>55371701
There is literally no point to doing so. You will see absolutely no benefit.

I can't put it in any plainer terms than that.

It won't do anything. It's pointless. It's a waste of time. It's stupid.

Don't do it. If you do it you are a dumbass.
>>
>>55371766
Yes, and solder melts at 190-220C.. Good luck with that.
>>
>>55371821
What about mrecruy?
>>
>>55371882
been there, done that. its a fuckin meme

best results can be head by pouring molten copper onto cpu. my wife's son drilled a hole into heatsink and accidentally he drilled a hole into cpu too

I taught it was dead. GUESS THE FUCK WHAT?

drilling holes into your i7 actually cools it down
>>
>>55371927

OOOOOoooooohhhhhh

I'm getting my drill out NOAW! Must let the heat out with the bad thoughts and CP...
>>
>>55371727
You could delid, then solder the IHS into the heatsink and glue the IHS back onto the heatsink.. bu why would you do that when you could just delid and direct mount the heatsink.
>>
>>55372007
i de-pinned my i7. lost a core BUT 10C cooler

also u ever heard of cpu lapping. you literally GRING the cpu with a fuckin metal grinder
>>
>>55372007
Direct mount is a long lost art. A bare die and "full contact" heatpipes are almost as good as water
>>
>>55371701
The losses due to the imperfect contact point are absolutely negligible thanks to thermal paste. I would be surprised to see any measurable difference between the two.
>>
>>55372109
a legendary dark bearded neet in my town discovered a new cpu cooling method. he cracked the cpu in half. just make sure you crack it right in the middle of the 4 cores

fill the crack with thermal jude
>>
File: 1396459775183.png (162 KB, 284x281) Image search: [Google]
1396459775183.png
162 KB, 284x281
>>55372067
>heatsink solidered to CPU
>CPU soldered to mobo
>mobo sodered to case
>case duct taped to air conditioner

Perfect.
>>
>>55372150
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7_aKd6bhsk

this is what happens when you mix LSD with autism

when you are ready you will smash your pc into a million pieces, snort a third of it and burn the rest as an offering to Satan
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.