[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dual sims?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.jpg (19 KB, 345x267) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
19 KB, 345x267
Can someone explain to me the use, if any(there must be or there wouldn't be so many phone out there with this "feature, right?!), of dual sim slots in smartphones?

How will it know which one to use if both are available and then why not just use one and switch the cards when needed?
>>
>>55369003
Probably for people that travel internationally. Buying a prepaid sim card for one month can save you hundred to thousands of dollars. I am not even exaggerating. I have seen people get $3000 phone bills (one month) for using an iphone in a different country.
>>
It's about being able to receive calls for 2 different numbers on the same phone. Work and home phone, for example. But a Google search would have answered your question. Take it to the \sqt\ thread next time.
>>
>>55369038
>It's about being able to receive calls for 2 different numbers on the same phone. Work and home phone
But both would be cellphone numbers instead!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
Brasil uses dual sim to use two providers at the same time bcos most of them make it free for you to call within their network, so Vivo-Vivo = Free, Claro-Vivo=custs a little, and brasileiros are Gibemonyploxes that cling to money more than jew
>>
File: 1466788067536.png (465 KB, 816x518) Image search: [Google]
1466788067536.png
465 KB, 816x518
>>55369162
retard of the decade, folks
>>
Crossings borders daily.
My work one has roaming, so when I'm home they don't have to call internationally.
I see people carrying 2 phones a lot of the time because of this.
>>
>>55369003
Useful in third world shitholes. Also for those who want to have separate numbers for work/personal.
>>
>>55369003

good for travel (local sims usually > travel plans), good for business users (personal, work)
>>
>>55369403
>Also for those who want to have separate numbers for work/personal.

You can just set up call forwarding for that.
>>
>>55369003
I have one sim for calls and the other for Internet plan - I apparently use a lot of it (20+ GiB/Mo) so getting a separate internet plan was hella cheaper.

It was also useful when I went abroad to Spain for a month - I've got my local sim and Spanish for Internet
>>
>>55369003
I use a different sim for data and calls, I come out cheaper like this. Having said that I'm in Hungary.
>>
>>55369003
I use the dual sim feature cuz i have a job, buddy.
So when i'm on vacation I can turn off one of the two sim cards and no one from my disgusting job is able to call me.
>>
>>55369813
Basically this
>>
>>55369432
Ok, but it's my company that pay for my sim, so It's way cheaper to have my sim and a job one.
>>
>>55369003
There are people, out of this board, who actually have a life.
Some of these people even have a job.
Some of these people even have a job requiring them to move from country to country on a daily basis or to use a personal and a professional sim card
These people don't want to carry 2 phone or change their sim card every 5 minutes to know if they received a call or a text

Just because you don't have the use of it doesn't mean everybody is like you
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.