[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TFW Google CR-48 is the most beautiful laptop ever but the specs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: s-l1600.jpg (107 KB, 1503x1600) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
107 KB, 1503x1600
TFW Google CR-48 is the most beautiful laptop ever but the specs were, are, and always will be garbage.

Why aren't there any minimalist laptops/ultrabooks that look nice, perform nice, and are affordable?
>>
>>55368145
>tfw mine's hinge snapped
It'd still be my main laptop if it didn't break. I've got a better laptop now but I think I'm going to go back to one of these.
>>
>>55368166

I had one for a little while and really loved it for web browsing and shitposting, but if I ever wanted to do much else it had a difficult time keeping up.
>>
>>55368222
I never had any issues with it, anything remotely heavy is done remotely. I could get by with an Atom N270
>>
>>55368237

I suppose Chrome OS would perform better but I had Debian on mine. Tried Chrome OS and couldn't deal with what's basically a web browser and :cloud: apps.
>>
>>55368266
I can't really speak for ChromeOS. I barely used the thing until they figured out how to flash the BIOS. I can't even tell you how many different operating systems mine's ran but I can say I've never had an issue using any of them.
>>
>>55368166
There's easy fixes for that. All you need is some epoxy. Mine works better than I got it now.
>>
>>55368318
I tried that, didn't work for shit
>>
I loved the CR-48

Too bad the hardware is to slow for modern Chrome OS. I lost the AC adapter and because of that I haven't bother to find a replacement. Still, it was the funnest laptop I've had.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.