[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AdNauseum discussion thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
Is this a legitimate solution to ads, or is it just a way to cuckhold people who want to block ads?

>AdNauseam is a free, browser extension designed to obfuscate browsing data and protect users from surveillance and tracking by advertising networks. Simultaneously, AdNauseam serves as a means of amplifying users' discontent with advertising networks that disregard privacy and facilitate bulk surveillance agendas.

Sounds too MrRobot tier to me to be taken seriously. Like it's pandering to the MrRobot fanbase.

>AdNauseam joins a broader class of software systems that attempt to serve ethical, political, and expressive ends. In light of the industry's failure to achieve consensus on a Do Not Track standard, or to otherwise address the excesses of network tracking, AdNauseam allows individual users to take matters into their own hands, fighting back against unilateral surveillance. Taken in this light, the software follows an approach similar to that of TrackMeNot, employing obfuscation as a strategy to shift the balance of power between the trackers and the tracked. For further information on this approach, please see this paper.

So, adnausium + ublock origin?
>>
>>55367265
>Helen
Thats a dude.
>>
>>55367265
> So, adnausium + ublock origin?
AdNauseam is based on ublock origin, you don't need both. You would understand that, if you bother to actually read what it does.
>>
>>55367265
>cuckhold
It's built on ublock origin. It's just another vaporware attempt at pleasing everyone that will end up doing nothing major to alleviate any problems; it won't cause any, but it won't solve any.

Try reading your own OP image next time.
>>
>>55367265
Stop tracking.
>>
It get's you banned from Youtube.
>>
File: tmp_15031-image_25981793501.jpg (122 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15031-image_25981793501.jpg
122 KB, 640x960
>>55367265
Dude, this shit doesn't work. Why you make me disable ublock0 to install this shit and get tracked everywhere I go testing this piece of shit?
>>
>>55371040
You get tracked regardless with browser fingerpriinting. This is just the equivalent of writing 'fuck you' 500 times for a 1000 word essay instead of not doing it.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.