[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /g/ recommend Codecademy for a beginner? I've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: earthquakes.png (754 KB, 833x2331) Image search: [Google]
earthquakes.png
754 KB, 833x2331
Does /g/ recommend Codecademy for a beginner? I've been dabbling on and off four something like three years, but as soon as I stop using resources or tutorials I have no clue what to do next. For example, once I get the basics of Python down I write a program that works and don't know where the next step Is on the metaphorical "roadmap" of learning. Any help?
>>
Just be yourself
>>
>>55361278
Tried that, I keep hitting the glass ceiling of programming noobs. I end the course and have no clue what else I should learn. I tried Pygame, but I lacked basic knowledge of the language that I thought I'd get through courses.
>>
Codecademy is only really useful for learning the absolute fucking basics of programming and learning the syntax of a new language.

If you already know how to do things like assign variables, make loops, define functions, do comparisons, etc., Codecademy won't offer you much.
>>
>>55361316
Where do you go after that?
>>
>>55361315
Learn C
>>
http://programming-motherfucker.com/
>>
>>55361346
the documentation of the language
>>
Code academy is web 2.0 normie garbage. Really it's shiny but awful. Go look up bucky tutorials on YouTube. You are going to learn by doing. Pause the vid when you get stuck. Then when you've done an entire course in one language learn to import and really use libraries. Then you'll actually be able to make real programs. Honestly recommend learning java for android programming. Phones have more fun hardware than pcs , gps and cameras come as standard. But it's up to you. I recommend youtube tutorials where you literally see them write and explain the code they use unto an actual IDE. Good luck anon
>>
>>55361261
You said you write a working program and then don't know what to do next.

What do you mean by this? What do you feel you should be doing next?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.