[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grub2 what the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: alpacalinux.jpg (184 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
alpacalinux.jpg
184 KB, 1920x1080
I got a laptop with two hard drives each one with a different debian jessie installed.

I edited my grub config to select between distro1 and distro2 within a 5 second timeout and so on and so forth

but what I really want is to get rid of "press c for a command line or e for whatever"

I want a clean screen with two options and thats it.

I googled everything and the best answer was

>This is one of those issue where I think security by obscurity comes into play. The chances of someone having enough knowledge to edit grub, especially in a school setting are pretty low, unless there are Ubuntu specific courses widely available. I'd be more worried about recovery mode, and allowing general access to Window than having the ability to edit grub.

go figure. so how the fuck can I accomplish this?
>>
Try looking at /etc/grub.d/
>>
install lilo instead

grub2 is shit
>>
>>55357592
Or syslinux
>>
Gee OP! How comes your mom let's you have TWO hard disks?
>>
>>55357637

>let's
>>
install burg
it's a tool for grub and it allows you to theme grub, there should be themes hiding that text
>>
>>55357467
Got UEFI? Set up EFI Stub loading and boot with rEFInd, then fuck with the config file to theme it. With the right settings you can have an extremely clean screen with just the icons for your OS. Those icons can be replaced as well. Mine are straight up white OS logos on a black backround.
>>
It's a screen that you're on for about two seconds. Why does it need to be riced?
>>
>grub
it's 2016, why are you not using systemd as your bootloader
>>
>>55357611
This
>>
>>55357467
You can do your own themes
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.