[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NVIDIA DOES IT AGAIN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
THEY CAN'T START A GRAPH AT ZERO

The absolute mad men

http://videocardz.com/61753/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-specifications-leaked-faster-than-rx-480
>>
they know their consumer base well, nvidiots don't read it if it isn't in bold text.
>>
File: VfsxDjf..png (5 KB, 470x274) Image search: [Google]
VfsxDjf..png
5 KB, 470x274
>>55354095
~15% faster
~20% faster in VR
~40% more per per watt
>>
>>55354607
>vr performance differs from performance
This doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>55354095
>I shouldn't have to read the graph to understand what it represents
>>
File: SteamVRBenchmarksRX480.png (251 KB, 1399x745) Image search: [Google]
SteamVRBenchmarksRX480.png
251 KB, 1399x745
It is, also AMD overhype about that with the 480 ''''PREMIUM'''' VR experience lie
>>
>>55354551
>Assblasted AMD poorfag reporting in for damage control
The GTX 1080 is faster than the RX 480
The GTX 1070 is faster than the RX 480
The GTX 1060 is faster than the RX 480
The GTX 1050 will be faster than the RX480

AMD is finished get it into your thick heads AMDfags!
>>
>>55354637
oupsss
>>55354682
>>
>>55354637
SMP helps performance in VR specific applications but not regular gaming. Basically they optimized the shit out of rendering things from up to 16 slightly different angles at once.
>>
>>55354682
they said it's going to be VR ready card for 200bux, they were right.
>>
>>55354095
yes nvidia is known to do that shit

3d plot pls
>>
>>55354637
Nvidia has some easily implementable (listen up AMD) optimizations for VR like single pass stereo or lens matched shading, that make it comparably faster than just rendering everything the old way.
When rendering a scene twice from slightly different angles (like you would in a vr scene), you can reuse a lot of one eye's output for the other. Nvidia isn't even particularly good at this yet (reusing only geometry.
It's the same thing over and over again. Nvidia not only offers hood hardware, but also easily usable software to cater to developers who in return can easily create beautiful effects that (sadly) run like shit on amd cards. Amd needs their software sorted out and they need to become relevant enough for devs to use their shit.
>>
>>55354551
This. Nvidia make these retarded, misleading graphs because their fanbase are a bunch of retards and eat them up.
>>
>>55354819
>>55354740
What was the last bar graph AMD provided? A comparison of two 480s versus one 1080 in AOTS with "51% utilization?"

I wouldn't limit these kinds of half-truths to only one company.
>>
>>55354830
To be fair AMD's graph started at zero
I've complained about that fucking DX12 ashes AMD benchmark so many times so I'm not going to repeat myself- it's atrocious.
There's no difference- AMD shitters eat up the shit AMD produces, and nvidia shitters eat up the shit nvidia produces.
Nvidia fanboys seem more stupid simply because there are more of them.
>>
>>55354871
>To be fair AMD's graph started at zero
And ended at where? I think that's worse than scaling a graph as a scaled graph at least provides some concrete information.
>>
>>55354637
It's the SMP technology, which is actually great.

But games need it implement it like GimpWorkâ„¢ or else it doesn't work.
>>
>>55354912
Both are guilty, stop defending Nvidia. They are as shit as AMD.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.