[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is OOP primarily a business advantage rather than a theoretical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: fragezeichen yui.png (94 KB, 396x395) Image search: [Google]
fragezeichen yui.png
94 KB, 396x395
Is OOP primarily a business advantage rather than a theoretical one? Does it make it easier to designate subroutines to outsourced labor?

Would a communist society mainly run functional software?
>>
>>55353761
>Is OOP primarily a business advantage rather than a theoretical one?
No. Donald Knuth would roll in his grave, if he was dead.

>Does it make it easier to designate subroutines to outsourced labor?
Both yes and no. It's easier, because it's divided into smaller logical parts which are easier to maintain.

>Would a communist society mainly run functional software?
A communist society would not have programmers, because education is bad and you should be working in a factory or out in the fields.
>>
>>55353780
Wow sounds like you know nothing about Communism. Read Marx.
>>
>>55353796
#feelthebern
>>
it's a scam designed by bjarne stroustrup to make programs unmaintainable, as to keep cash flowing to developers
>>
>>55353796
>you know nothing about communism
Oh, so you're one of those delusionists who think that "there has never been a communist state", are you?

Communism is dead along with the millions of people it killed.
>>
>>55353988
on the contrary I'm more than willing to defend Russia, China, and Cuba as steps in the right direction

there has never been a dramatic political upheaval that hasn't reaped a high death toll. don't hate the player, hate the game
>>
>>55354086
>there has never been a dramatic political upheaval that hasn't reaped a high death toll
Oh wow, you know nothing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velvet_Revolution and the fall of the iron curtain in general.
>>
>>55354116
Yeah, it's not like there was a vicious protracted war in the balkans or anything.

Sorry but if you carry out a revolution there's literally nothing wrong with killing counter-revolutionaries. I'm not sure why I'm supposed to feel sorry for traitors.
>>
>>55353761
You do realize OOP is just syntactic sugar, right?
obj.doStuff() is just good old doStuff(obj)

and here's inheritance for ya:

extended = extandable --other stuff

and here's incapsulation:

module M where

and here's a constructor:

mkObj = Obj{}

And, of course, all those memy patterns become trivial once you remove the OOP bloat, "factory" is just partial application, "visitor" is just a lambda and so on.

How can syntactic sugar solve anything? It's just a meymey. Learn FP.
>>
>>55354174
>people who disagree with me politically should be killed
Thank you for proving my point about communism being bad.
>>
>>55354191
>people trying to kill me should be killed
fixed for you

These countries were at WAR you retard. take your bullshit liberal concern trolling elsewhere
>>
>>55354176
>obj.doStuff() is just good old doStuff(obj)
that's literally wrong.
You lose encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism and a few other things that make functional programming unsafe shit that provides zero benefit for any large projects.
>>
>>55354217
>These countries were at WAR you retard.
>WAR
The cultural revolution in China was an IMAGINED fucking war you dipshit. Pol Pot killing millions of HIS OWN FUCKING people is not a war, it's a genocide.
>>
>>55354438
>waaaaah genocide waaaaah :D

>millions of people die under capitalism due to shortages of food or medical attention
>well that's ok, it's supposed to work like that!

Communism killed people. It's still better
Deal with it faggot
>>
>>55354482
>i want to be a farmer or factory worker
>>
File: 4chan.jpg (218 KB, 1106x838) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
218 KB, 1106x838
>>55354482
>50 million people starving to death over the course of 2 years = a couple of thousand people starving to death over two decades
>>
>>55354579
>a couple of thousand
stay delusional, liberal homo
>>
>>55354392
>encapsulation
modules, retard

>inheritance
function composition, retard

>polymorphism
I can't even tell if you're serious at this point

>functional programming
>unsafe
I feel a CS major here

>shit that provides zero benefit for any large projects.
Yepp, definitely a CS major
>>
>>55354683
>contrarian underaged faggot detected
>>
>>55353988
But there were plenty of programmers in Soviet Russia.

That's why there are plenty of Internet fraudsters in modern Russia, because a bunch of well-educated people suddenly got shit-canned.
>>
>>55353761
Communism sucks and most of Soviet Russia's tech was based on American innovations, so it's doubtful that a protracted Communist society would run any software at all.
>>
Never ever ask a hypothetical question about politics on 4chan
>>
>>55354086
so fuckoff from the internet and 4chan, stop using the beautiful computers and infrastructure that capitalism allowed to exist and go plough a field communist piece of shit.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.