[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apple has been using machine learning in their products for a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: IOS.jpg (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
IOS.jpg
21 KB, 500x500
Apple has been using machine learning in their products for a long time: Siri answers our questions and entertains us, iPhoto recognizes faces in our photos, Mail app detects spam messages. As app developers, we have access to some capabilities exposed by Apple’s APIs such as face detection, and starting with iOS 10, we’ll gain a high-level API for speech recognition and SiriKit.

When will Android join the iFuture?
>>
What makes you think we don't have these?
>>
>>55353234
Yet another reason to purchase the new Apple iPhone 6S Plus.
>>
You faggots sure know little about technology despite this being a technology board.

Android has an SDK for TensorFlow (as in Google's own machine learning API)
>>
>>55353234
Literally all this shit has existed in android for eras

Google has already added an API for speech recognition. Facial recognition is available in some apps, but nobody cares about it. Spam messages are done by the mailserver, not the application (read: spamassassin)
>>
>>55353234
>Mail app detects spam messages
What an accomplishment.
>>
>>55353234
>Siri answers our questions
If you ask simple shit and talk slower than it would take to type it. Works bit better than Google Now for sure though.

>entertains us
Yeah, the jokes are sooo funny! Almost fell from my chair laughing.

>iPhoto recognizes faces in our photos
Doesn't Google Photos do the same shit? With unlimited storage unlike the 5gb cancer of iCloud.

>Mail app detects spam messages
Like any mail app in 2016.

Disclaimer, bought an iPhone yesterday and like it a lot more than my previous lagdroid already, but your points are shit. While we're at negatives: iTunes. It's a decent music player but everything else about it is pure cancer.

The real greatness is how perfect everything is out of the box, much more effort from developers, constant updates and obviously the whole "just werks" thing, unless you synch shit with iTunes.

Using Android feels like driving that messed up car, some crazy drunk guy tried to fix, while iOS is driving in the backseat of a Rolls-Royce.
>>
>>55353916
>like sitting in the back of a rolls royce
not surprised, since most ibabbys probably arent even old enough for a drivers license anyway
>>
>>55353985
Why would you drive if you can let somebody else take care of it and do more important stuff?
>>
>>55354011
because driving is actually fun

i bet you're one of those people who drives a mid 2000s corolla and cares about "muh fuel economy"

luckily i drive a bmw so i can drive a nice car and be a supreme gentlemen at the same time
>>
>>55354049
>because driving is actually fun
Ah, the joys of the working class. Driving and ... uhh, messing with custom waifu launchers on their poordroid phone?
>>
File: HAW.jpg (34 KB, 348x308) Image search: [Google]
HAW.jpg
34 KB, 348x308
>>55354049
>luckily i drive a bmw so i can drive a nice car and be a supreme gentlemen at the same time
sure thing
>>
>>55354890
>sure thing
Must be hard for you when the only car you've been near is the one up on cinder blocks outside your Mom's house.
>>
>>55355490
even if that were the case, it's better to be poor and not a liar than poor and a liar
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.