[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is my CPU bottlenecking my PC /g/? Is it time for an upgrate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.png (36 KB, 652x464) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
36 KB, 652x464
Is my CPU bottlenecking my PC /g/? Is it time for an upgrate?
>>
yes

upgrade to windows 7 or gnu/linux
>>
>i5 bottlenecking

can this /v/ meme term just die
>>
should I just buy more RAM and a 4k monitor then? Which one do you guys recommend?
>>
>>55353028
you need another 1080 and 4GB more RAM.
>>
>>55353028
How do you even have 12GB of ram? I didn't know that they make 3/6GB modules.
>>
>>55353435
by using 3 4gb modules?
OP has dual channel though so it's probably 4+4+2+2
>>
>>55352876

I would personally recommend an Intel i7 Processorâ„¢ with the new Z170-chipsetâ„¢.
>>
>>55353466
I don't understand though
Using 3 4GB modules would mean that one channel has two modules and another only has one.
>>
>>55353503
read the second line of my post
>>
>>55353510
But that means that one channel has less memory than the other channel
>>
>>55353510
You only need 2 modules to take advantage of dual channel. But if you put more memory storage in one channel, applications will be mapping more memory to that channel, meaning memory read is slower. You should always make sure that each memory channel is the same size, and that the memory in each channel are the same product

Only an idiot from /v/ would actually do this.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (135 KB, 1233x915) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
135 KB, 1233x915
>>55352876
Yes, unfortunately, it is.

Here's my Firestrike result at 1080P.
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8934537

Notice, I got the achievement "Brawn". That's because the CPU isn't able to send draw calls as fast as the GPU can render them.

Compare that to my 4K result
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/12647350
No such issue because there's more work for the GPU.

If I was in your position i'd upgrade my monitors and overclock my CPU.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.