[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite VPN service? >No shitty chrome extensions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: 1460909308760.jpg (60 KB, 637x557) Image search: [Google]
1460909308760.jpg
60 KB, 637x557
What's your favorite VPN service?
>No shitty chrome extensions
>>
>>55350958
anubis
>>
Mullvad
>>
>>55350958
private internet access.

gotta pay, but I've used it for ~4 years. a circus of values
>>
>>55350958
rent a vps and host your own
>>
>>55350962
>>55350964
Are these free?
>>
TunnelBear is an easy to use privacy app for mobile, desktop and browser. So they got support for iOS, android, mac, pc, and chrome. It allows you to "tunnel" to 14 different countries allowing you to browse the internet as if you're in that country. It works for accessing things like geoblocked websites, the apps are super easy to use, so you just like pick your country and turn tunnelbear on and your internet connection gets fully encrypted and you don't have to be technical to use or install tunnelbear. And if you get stuck you can contact their friendly support "bears" that are standing by 24 hours a day. They've got a plain english privacy policy and they've got 5 million users that trust them already. So you can try it out for free, TunnelBear actually gives you 500 megs of data for free every month and an extra gig if you tweet at them, but if you need more prices for unlimited plans start at $6.99 a month. So head over to tunnelbear.com/ltt linked in the video description to try it out today.
>>
>>55351015
Sorry Linus I didn't know you got here.
>>
>>55350958
torguard
>>
>>55350999
theres no great free ones
>>
>>55350999
No, of course not. Who in their right mind would use a "free" VPN service?
>>
>>55351085
I had a great one a while ago. I could choose from a big list of servers in different countries. I can't remember the name if it. It was free and was a client.
>>
>>55351149
Right, but you can't guarantee any of it. It may be encrypted, but it's still a free service. With Mullvad at least, you can send cash in a letter to them fully anonymous.
>>
>>55351064
cryptostorm. speed is capped tho
>>
also riseup has a good free vpn
>>
I have a network that I need to remote into in Canada. Is there a decent VPN I can set up to achieve that end?
>>
>>55350958

you know the authorities can just subpoena the logs from the vpn company don't you?
>>
>>55351542
Why do you assume I'm doing anything illegal?
>>
File: fbiagent.jpg (90 KB, 519x405) Image search: [Google]
fbiagent.jpg
90 KB, 519x405
>>55351581
Because obviously if you want anonymity you're clearly doing something illegal.

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.
>>
>>55351581

Why pay extra to for a VPN tunnel that is required by law to log your activities just like your ISP?
>>
>>55351604
That's a ridiculous argument.
That's the very same principal as putting CCTV cameras in your house to make sure you're not killing anyone. Privacy is the issue here. Regardless of my internet browsing habits.
>>
>>55350958
Private Internet Access or NordVPN is best girl.
>>
>>55351542
Thats why every company doesnt "keep logs"
Most VPNs dont actually keep logs, but they dont even need the logs to find you.

You are pretty unique, and they use diagnostics to quickly match your non VPN browsing habits to you behind a VPN to get a match.
>>
>>55351644
Or like putting a personal tracking device in your pocket that records where you go and what you say at any given moment
>>
>>55351682

Service providers including VPN providers are required to keep activity logs by the FCC.

They also have your home address and credit card info from signing up for the account.
>>
>>55351736
>every VPN is hosted in a country without privacy laws
>there is no way to anonymously pay for a VPN

Its your own fault if you use a shitty VPN
>>
File: 2012-12-14-6e-smartphones.jpg (76 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
2012-12-14-6e-smartphones.jpg
76 KB, 950x534
>>55351711
wait a second...
>>
>>55351750

>every VPN is hosted in a country without privacy laws

And file sharing services hosted in foreign countries are safe from US law too.
>>
>>55351750

>Its your own fault if you use a shitty VPN

Enjoy paying extra for something that will only keep you from getting vanned for 5 more minutes
>>
>>55351819
No one is safe from the NSA. Not even Terry Davis.
>>
>>55350958

Only pedophiles use VPN's
>>
>>55351819
Yep, laws dont mean anything when you avoid the "eyes" countries. Its been well documented if you actually looked.

>>55351831
Nobody uses a VPN to do anything actually illegal.
Its basically for torrenting
>>
Nordvpn. Cheap, secure, fast.
>>
>>55351644
That's a ridiculous argument.

That's the very same principle as putting on a mask every time you leave the house to make sure no one recognizes you. Privacy is not the issue here. Regardless of my public activity.
>>
>>55351852

oink.cd and megaupload for example
>>
File: Downatello.jpg (30 KB, 400x324) Image search: [Google]
Downatello.jpg
30 KB, 400x324
>>55351711
>not understanding how port address translation works
hi normie
>>
>>55351877
Hong Kong has time and again proven they dont give one fuck about USA law
Extraditing an exceptionally huge company is a rare occurrence.

To try and compare that to forcing a VPN to keep logs is fucking retarded.

How about all the other DDLs that still exist?
>>
>>55351926

What the fuck does NAT have to do with anything? Mobile devices make mostly outbound connections anyway.
>>
>>55350980
Seconding PIA.

If you want to torrent, you'll be OK. If you want pizza... good luck?
>>
Are there any VPN services besides TorGuard that sell proxies?
It's rather annoying that I need to divert ALL my traffic through a VPN since that causes several of my email hosts to freak out and send me "SOMEONE IN ICELAND HAS YOUR PASSWORD" mails.
I really hate that
>>
>>55350958
>ramnode with i2p private exit node for shady stuff
>online.net for generic vpn, seedbox and backup.
>>
>>55350980
this, had it for 2 years now
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.