[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice to /g/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1460849186799.jpg (53 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1460849186799.jpg
53 KB, 800x800
Post advice to other /g/entlemen about repairs or anything like that. Include stories and context.

Headphone jack snaps off inside phone so the male part of the auxiliary cable is stuck inside phone.

Solution:
>Grab PVA glue or other semi-weak glue [spolier] (so if you fuck up you don't have to buy a new jack) [/spoiler]

>Insert glue neatly on top of the end that is attached to the cable and place this part of the cable inside the phone (provided that it has snapped in the middle of the connector)

>Leave for recommended drying time (it varies for different glues).

>Remove jack and existing part.

Tip: Don't use very strong glue, as if you stuff up then the other end of your headphone cable is stuck in there as well.
Ez
>>
Or 404
>>
>>55350628
But we're not tech support?

Good thread idea, but mods will 404 it unfortunately.
>>
>>55350903
Yeah that's the thing, I wasn't intending it to be a support thread, more of a advice/ideas to fixing things. I guess GPU debates are more important than actual conversation and discussion.
>>
If you're taking voltage readings and nothing makes any goddamn sense, check for an open ground.
>>
watch anime it's really good
>>
>>55350939
You have no idea...
2 gcg threads deleted today trying to organise this mess ;_;

Anyways, here's one.
>cable frayed and tearing
Just wrap some molten hot glue around it, squeeze some shrink tube over the connector to the broken part and shrink it over the hot glue.

The hot glue will soften from the heat and mould to the cable.

It ain't pretty but it's great for extending your better cables that you ran over with the chair multiple times last week because you forgot it was on the floor and don't know how it got there -_-

Going to do that when I get home today, still using it as is for the moment.

>>55351013
Please don't, this is the first step to acquired autism.
>>
>>55351013
kek
>>
File: 1461022261878.jpg (15 KB, 201x255) Image search: [Google]
1461022261878.jpg
15 KB, 201x255
>>55351020
What about vaccinations?
>>
Live on the command line for 6 months. If you can't then you're not ready for "computer science"
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.