[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've noticed that my connection for online games is laggy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
I've noticed that my connection for online games is laggy. Me and my girlfriend were both playing a game and her ping was a consistent 33 ms while mine would spike from 33 ms to 200-300 ms sporadically. We're in the same room and connected to the same WiFi, what the fuck is this? It's not a hardware issue, my laptop has better specs than hers.

Pic sorta related I guess
>>
>>55350011
How do you imagine wifi works? Fairy deliveries betwixt the router and your pc?
>>
It sounds like you discovered the cause without realizing it. When you do, I suggest you remove it from layer eight.
>>
>>55350052

isn't that how it works tho

>>55350066

I don't really understand the joke you're trying to make but if you're implying my girlfriend being on the same connection is causing the problem that's just wrong because I experience the same issue when she's not here, if anything her ping staying consistent while mine lags is further proof that there's something amiss.
>>
stop playing csgo, their servers are shit and the game is shit
>>
File: 1464249368289.png (272 KB, 749x563) Image search: [Google]
1464249368289.png
272 KB, 749x563
>>55350011
>me and my girlfriend
1. It's "my girlfriend and I"
2. back to facebook gf-having traitor
>>
>>55350011
fuck off
>>
please tell us more about video games, your girlfriend, and your problem with wifi, OP. this is the kind of on-topic discussion /g/ needs!
>>
>>55350239
>girlfriend
Problem's not your "girlfriend", brah
>>
>>55350276

what is it then my dude
>>
>>55350011
Dude you're using fucking WiFi and you're whining about latency spikes? Ethernet cable for fast-reaction gaming, period. Wi-FI is literally worse than using a 10/100 network hub from the 1990s.
>>
File: wifi-latency.png (30 KB, 695x152) Image search: [Google]
wifi-latency.png
30 KB, 695x152
>>55350431
forgot pic related
>>
oh and guess how much first-hop latency you'd get if you plugged into a normal modern gigabit switch... it's literally not even 1ms, and it's consistent.
>>
>>55350011
>It's not a hardware issue, my laptop has better specs than hers.
Sounds like it is. You probably have some asstrash gaming laptop with a shit Realtek Wi-Fi chipset.
>>
Ok noobs listen up.

Use a router with some QoS. Prioritize interactive traffic/gaming.

You can make a linuxrouter and use wondershaper

or you can use dd-wrt or openwrt as router firmware to achieve this

Its lagging bcs your router cant decide which is more important: the traffic from your girlfriends whatever and your obviously more important gaming experience
>>
and why doesn't anyone on /g/ know anything about technology?
>>
>>55350678
/v/ and reddit came here and most of the old techloli/g/y people left.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.