[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>90% of /g/ has no experience in an enterprise environment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
>90% of /g/ has no experience in an enterprise environment
>>
I don't even have any experience whatsoever, I'm just here to shitpost
>>
what makes something enterprise

just scale?

inb4 memes
>>
>>55349992
>Muh enterprise
>Muh career
>>
>>55350119

Not OP.

Biggest company i've worked for was ~50 developers on the same project. Try working with 50 people on the same project. Changes the way you look at code.
>>
>>55350089
this
>>
"""""""""""ENTERPRISE""""""""""""""

aka bloat
>>
>>55350137
>Muh unemployment
>Muh shame
>>
>>55350119
>anything i disagree with is a meme
>>
>>55350159
>Muh college debt
>Muh 9 to 5
>>
>>55350193
>thinking you need to go to college to get a decent paying job

You're already played. Keep following the flock.
>>
>>55349992
Please don't let this be anywhere near true.
>>
>>55350119
There are more procedures and specialties that are required in an enterprise environment. Being a technician or supporting a small company with SOHO equipment is easy. Any retard can do it. When you're talking about dealing with mass amounts of mission critical data, IA lockdowns and whatnot, that's where it really matters and where you make the most money. Scale has something to do with it, but it's not the entirety of why it's called enterprise.
>>
>>55350139
>Try working with 50 people on the same project.
Are you Indian?
>>
>>55349992
Why would I want to be in an enterprise environment? I do research, senpai.
>>
>>55350193

Never went to college. Making 6 figs.

And 9 to 5 is pretty sweet honestly. Of course with 1 hour lunch in between and add a couple hours of fucking around. Oh and that PTO.
>>
>>55350301

No just corporate america. But also fuck you, indians are lovely people
>>
>>55350453
Is it an actual software company or a software division in a big company?

I've always wanted to avoid the second. Like working at Visa would probably suck dick.
>>
>>55350469
you want to work at top-tier company like Microsoft, Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, etc

>>55350323
you can do research in an enterprise environment and get paid much better money for it

>>55350301
are you a newb
>>
>>55350453
>But also fuck you, indians are lovely people
poo in the loo detected
>>
i just make 16gb of ram shitposts
>>
>>55351266
and I just want to see shitposts about technology from a bunch of autists
>>
Why would I want to work in enterprise? Technology in that field moves at a glacial pace which means after a while I won't be learning a whole lot and if things blow up my head will be put on a pike. On top of all of this, it's harder to get into a position that makes good money (you'r either a monkey or a god, no in between). Perhaps worse, most often you're a tiny tiny tiny cog in a planet-sized machine so at best in your impact is almost nothing.

Compare this to writing consumer software. Tech is moving constantly, there's always something new to learn, it pays great, and screwing up isn't nearly as big of an issue. If you land a job at a startup, it's likely that you own a major part or even all of a product so impact is never an issue. As a bonus the projects you tend to get are a lot more fun and interesting than the ServiceVerifierCreationProducerConnectorModelFactory kind of thing typical of enterprise.
>>
>>55349992
What is an enterprise environment?

You mean like enterprise-version of a software environment or an actual working-at-a-corporation's-office enterprise environment?

Haven't worked in either.
>>
>>55350137
>muh career

NEET spotted.

How does it feel knowing you will never be able to get laid or afford anything remotely nice.
>>
>>55352124
Not him, but the only time I consistently got laid was when I was a NEET. Most wageslaves can't really go out on weekdays or Sundays.
>>
>>55352124
>needing lots of money to get laid
kek
>>
>>55349992
Feels good to be in the
>10%
>>
>>55349992
>enterprise
business
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.