[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to make a program that will impress an employer. I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: 1442248106428.gif (864 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1442248106428.gif
864 KB, 450x450
I want to make a program that will impress an employer. I want to do something that no one has done before. Problem is, I don't have any ideas on what to make.

Suggestions
>>
Make an ''ideas guy'' -thread in /v/. They always have bunch of groundbreaking ideas no one has ever done before.
>>
>>55349621

this is holy shit vague. what programming languages do you know?
>>
>>55349621
problem with a program no one has done before is it probably needs a real problem being solved, or else it may not seem all that impressive.
>>
>>55349621
Make something that renders that gif in realtime.
Bonus points for no shitty fullscreen quad fragment shader raymarching shit.
>>
>>55349621
Write a program that will ask you multiple choice questions about The Big Bang theory TV show and then tell you how clever you are based on the ones you get correct.
>>
>>55349639

Doesn't matter. I'll learn whatever I have to to make it.

Currently I know, C, C++, Java and Haskell.
>>
Make a Facebook quiz that tells you how much of a faggot you are. Use yourself as the highest score.
>>
>>55349661
>>55349693

Good ideas so far. But these will not impress an employer.
>>
>>55349621
Make an app that is like facebook + twitter + reddit combined. Boom! Easy. Want another one?
Create an app that I can download all of my favorite music to my phone for free.
>>
>>55349706
Make an app that will give you a phrase for many different occasions based on scripts sourced from The Big Bang Theory TV show
>>
>>55349677
Do something with that uses most of the AWS suite.
>>
Depends on what kind of employment you're looking for. You don't have to make anything groundbreaking or inventive. You can literally just make a clone of a popular app. It'll prove you are capable if you're trying to get into web or mobile development.
>>
Make the computer desktop version of one of those clear cube picture frames. Make it spin and display photos while set to music, like the WinXP dancers. Obnoxious as hell.
>>
Have you tried fizz buzz
>>
>>55349749

That's my default. But I want to do something awesome just because I can.
>>
>>55349716
it's called what.cd
>>
>>55349765
salty public tracker fag!
>>
>>55349765
lol what?
OP make an app so I can break into my bf's smartphone
>>
>>55349764
You could write a program that will take words you type in as input and output .a wav file of The Big Bang Theory character of your choosing saying the words you typed in.
>>
>>55349621
a parametric eq for android or linux

it doesn't exist yet
>>
find a free object like trash or a piece of nature and make something out of it or not then use it as inspiration for a program
>>
>>55349791

Best idea so far.
>>
Alright guys be serious. Don't make me go on a spirit-walk with some shrooms in the desert or something.
>>
>>55349791
This f4m

It's the only thing keeping me from going full gnu/Linux.
>>
>>55349621
"Create a program"

A vague description deserves a vague answer.

Have you thought about something to do with your own custom AI?
>>
>>55349820
Write a smartphone app that you can use to take a photo of yourself or your pets and then input them into photos with cast members of The Big Bang Theory.
>>
>>55349820
Make a tech support program that just automatically reboots all the devices connecte to the PC.
>>
Make a website that tests if you can tell the difference between flac and 320 kbps mp3 files but they're both the same mp3 files with different hashes.
>>
>>55349621
create a webapp where codemonkeys can bid for idea guys on projects
>>
>>55349621
Write a program that uses google maps to give you locations of nearby shops that sell scrapbooking supplies to help new fans be good at cutting out pictures and making scrapbooks of the cast memebers in The Big Bang Theory
>>
An app that measures dick size with a Facebook sharing option.
>>
>>55349621

M8, if you actually program something that has never been done before. You might as well turn it into profit, because that will be more beneficial than selling your soul to an employer.
>>
>>55349621
Make an app that shows an image of my dick.
>>
>>55349820
Actually totally do the shrooms, you'll realize you probably don't want to be a programmer

Seriously contribute patches to open source projects, working in a team is the most important aspect to doing being a programmer. You also can prove basic competency that way which many "professional" developers lack
>>
File: ayy_lmao.gif (4 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
ayy_lmao.gif
4 MB, 360x203
Fork Temple OS. Make it usable for the average Joe. Call it Temple OS 2.0: The New Testament.
>>
Just give up OP. Pajeet will work your job for a fifth of your asking salary and even has a resume with fake credentials that shits all over yours.
>>
>>55349621
Write a program for pebble watches that will give you a list of episodes of The Big Bang Theory TV show and let you mark off the ones you have watched already.
>>
>>55349791
This is actually a good idea.
>>
>>55349820

You should absolutely do the shrooms, though.

Doesn't have to be in the desert... a serene, natural, and safe environment would be good choice.
>>
>>55349951
This. 100 times this.
>>
File: sheldonworm.png (75 KB, 314x137) Image search: [Google]
sheldonworm.png
75 KB, 314x137
>>55350330
Preferably not watching The Big Bang Theory TV show.
>>
>>55350362

Preferably not watching any TV shows at all. Easy way to waste a trip.

If you really must... pick something that compliments the trip, like a trippy cartoon or something, but limit yourself and don't spend too long on it and go outside or something after a 20-30 minutes, or when the trips intensity is rising.
>>
Make a program that uses your weight, height, and gender to calculate how much bleach you need to drink to kill yourself. Then demonstrate. With bleach
>>
>>55350452
Do this, but, instead of bleach and the killing bit, make it so that it will tell you which The Big Bang Theory TV show cast member you are closest to height wise.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.