[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it given to people so late in life? How can anyone even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: .png (1 MB, 1013x1013) Image search: [Google]
.png
1 MB, 1013x1013
Why is it given to people so late in life? How can anyone even has aspirations to win one if you'll likely recieve it on your death bed even if you accomplished something in your life.
>>
>>55348333
Because it takes time to make sure a person's contributions are actually significant enough.
>>
>>55348367

>Obama

I'll assume you meant the STEM prizes.
>>
>>55348333
Maybe because winning a contest wasn't their main goal?
>>
>>55348384
Of course. The norwegian doesn't count.
>>
>>55348333
Why do people even care about nobel prizes?
They're handed out like candy.

Why the fuck does obama have one?
>>
>>55350637
>Why do people even care about nobel prizes?
>They're handed out like candy.
If Stallman had one you'd think they were wonderful.
>>
>>55348333
>prize created by a man on his deathbed to mitigate his lifetime accomplishments
>awarded to other people also on their deathbeds to recognize their lifetime accomplishments

Like pottery.
>>
>2016
>falling for the nobel prize meme
>>
>>55352096
?
>>
>>55350637

>why does Obama have a peace prize

Because he's black and seemed like a great improvement over Bush. Turns out he build on Bush's Middle East interventions and domestic civil rights violations.
>>
I work daily with a nobel laureate. He's a great dude. You should see the way that my organization kisses his feet. It's nice to buy him tech shit though - truly unlimited budget.
>>
>>55352802
filter out posts that use "meme" or "botnet" or a handful of other cliches that /g/ loves. this board almost seems not autistic once you've removed them
>>
>>55350637
They hoped that the prize would put obama under pressure to stop bush administration laws and shit.
Of course didnt work.
>>
>>55350637

Peace prize is a joke. The Nobel prizes in physics, math, biology, medicine, chemistry, etc. are the real deal.
>>
>>55350637
Peace prizes are handed out like candy. The real prizes take effort.

Why it takes so long is first the actual discovery has to be proved and undoubtedly right. In modern science this takes a long time.
Then you have to have the big selection process where it takes time to decide who was behind said discovery, who contributed the most, which discovery is the most important, etc.
>>
>>55352944
>tfw even the literature one is a politically motivated farce
>>
>>55352965

Anything dealing with the arts and humanity are generally a joke wherever you look nowadays.
>>
File: ijLuPZd.jpg (192 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
ijLuPZd.jpg
192 KB, 1032x774
>>55352965
>the nobel prize "is a politically motivated farce"
>>
>>55352975
At least the literature one could hide a bit their bias for european leftist shit.
>>
>>55353001
>leftist
duplicate file detected
>>
>>55353001

I heard that even /lit/ is full of hardcore leftists.
>>
you have to fucking actually do something to get one.

fucking entitlement. wah, where's my nobel prize? wah.

fuck!
>>
>>55352944
There is no nobel in mathematics because nobel was being cucked by a mathematician.
>>
>>55352978
look at the literature laureates and come back here retard
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.