[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
n00b BSD question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: freebsd.png (70 KB, 458x480) Image search: [Google]
freebsd.png
70 KB, 458x480
How do you uninstall base programs from FreeBSD?

I know how to uninstall pakages...
> # pkg_delete app_name

and ports...
> # cd /usr/ports/sysutils/app_name
> # make deinstall

but what about base software, for example ntpd or OpenSSL?
>>
Why do you want to uninstall base system software? I don't think that's advisable. You could probably omit the software you don't want when building the world before installing it.

>pkg_delete
That's only for older systems, pkgng uses a whitespace to separate sub commands like this "pkg delete"
>>
>>55346851

i'm using OpenNTPD, so want to uninstall base ntpd

using LibreSSL, want to uninstall OpenSSL
>>
>>55346961
You might want to ask on their mailing list or forums, I've never had to replace anything in the base myself, the ports I use give me the option to use what's in the base or an external port if I desire that, same with services, if I don't use a base system service I just don't enable it and do enable the external package.
>>
>>55346961
>>
>i'm using OpenNTPD, so want to uninstall base ntpd
>
>using LibreSSL, want to uninstall OpenSSL
Why not just juse openBSD while you are at it
>>
>>55347047

OpenBSD is awesome, but it doesn't run on my hardware (Raspberry Pi)
>>
>>55346729
I think base software can't be uninstalled, unless you recompile base. You can to do that in OpenBSD, at least.

You'd run into the same problem in Linux.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.