[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just (correctly) updated my drivers for my 7950 finally. It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 14-125-414-02[1].jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
14-125-414-02[1].jpg
33 KB, 640x480
I just (correctly) updated my drivers for my 7950 finally. It was running on drivers from 2013. Games are running noticeably better now. However, the fan is also running louder than before.

This particular card has always been dead silent while not under load and sounds like a jet when launching a game. Now it's slightly noisy idling and I think it may get even louder than before in-game. This is a problem because I use this PC for audio work outside of gaming so I can't tolerate the noise.

The AMD "Radeon Settings" software lets me set the fan to a specific speed manually, but disabling the automatic fan control is of course a stupid idea and I'm not going to attempt to constantly set that. There is some ability to set "profiles" for different game applications, but only certain ones, and these settings do not reset after leaving the application.

TL;DR - the graphics card in my audio PC is too loud after updating drivers and I'm wondering if there's any way I can scale the fan speeds back down without giving up automatic fan control. Never had any heat issues before.
>>
>>55343864
>disabling the automatic fan control is of course a stupid idea

why??
>>
>>55343916
You serious? That fan is pretty important anon. I can't just set it to 20% so it's quiet and then go actually using it for games or whatever at that setting.
>>
>>55343956
Not that guy, but I agree with him.

Set it so it's a bit lower than how it is recently, and play some games while tracking temps, keep reducing until you're happy.

Not sure why the fans are faster though. Maybe it's got something to do with an increase in performance?
>>
OMG YOU NEWFAGS ON /g/ ARE SO IMBECILE I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

OP YOU GOD DAMN RETARD WHICH IS TOO RETARDED TO GOOGLE YOUR PROBLEM INSTEAD OF WASTING PRECIOUS INTERNET BANDWIDTH

DOWNLOAD

FUCKING

MSI AFTERBURNER
>>
>>55344001
>Set it so it's a bit lower than how it is recently, and play some games while tracking temps, keep reducing until you're happy.
The problem with what you're suggesting is that I would have to set the fan speeds to the highest setting I would ever need it to be on and leave it there. That completely defeats the purpose of trying to reduce noise because anytime I'm not using the card to its highest capacity I'm running the fans high for no reason.

>>55344070
Thanks spastic friend, I'll check it out. I did google it, but I wasn't aware that MSI Afterburner was a thing that worked for non-MSI products.
>>
>65mbps download
>4.3mbps upload

is this good enough to host a x server that i can connect to and use all my graphical programs in 1080p?
>>
Try this and make a custom profile

http://www.sapphiretech.com/catapage_tech.asp?cataid=291&lang=eng
>>
File: 07152014127.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
07152014127.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
The same thing happened on my old HD7750, crimson is total shit, I switched back to Catalyst 15.7 from 2015 and the card runs like it did when it was new.
>>
>>55343864
Get msi afterburner. Works on all cards and you can set a custom fan curve. You could make the fans stay silent until 50℃ or so if you wanted.
>>
File: XFX-R9-280-DD-BE-OC-6.jpg (106 KB, 800x472) Image search: [Google]
XFX-R9-280-DD-BE-OC-6.jpg
106 KB, 800x472
>>55346045
Why does xfx has the prettiest cards?!
>>
>>55346986
>until 50℃ or so
My stuff's at 55 by the time Windows boots the desktop.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.