[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been making music on the VICE commodore emulator.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: c64_10.jpg (72 KB, 1148x646) Image search: [Google]
c64_10.jpg
72 KB, 1148x646
So I've been making music on the VICE commodore emulator. But I heard that the actual C64 sounds better. Is this true? The prices on ebay can be outrageous. But I found that people are selling it cheaper locally on craigslist.

I watched videos on how to transfer files from your computer to the commodore. My only problem is I cannot find commodore floppy disks themselves. Where do I buy the actual floppies?
>>
Should just be able to format standard PC 360k disks for use with a 1541

Or just use a datasette.
>>
>>55342874
>But I heard that the actual C64 sounds better. Is this true?

Yes. The best sounding option would be a C64 with 8580 SID with digifix. Almost every C64C (except the very early assy. 250466) have this SID; breadbins and very early C64C don't (they have the 6581 SID which doesn't need the digi-fix but sounds worse.)
>>
>>55342874
>My only problem is I cannot find commodore floppy disks themselves.

Pretty sure that there are a lot of expansion boards that allows you to use SD/MMC cards instead of floppy drives.
You can also use tapes.
But again , there are mods to use MP3 players instead of tapes and there are expansion boards that let you use Memory Cards and USB sticks , there is no reason to use floppies in 2016
>>
>>55342874

VINTAGE COMPUTER THREAD ??
>>
>>55343054
Why not.
>>
>>55343005
I was planning to get the original with the 6581 SID

Should I get the C64c instead? The guy from the 8bitkeys channel shills the original C64
>>
>>55343096
Wasn't it just that he didn't have enough working 8580s? The only advantage of the 6581 is that you don't need the digifix if you want to hear samples.
>>
>>55342874
At some point they made a pci card which had the soundchip, that should sound almost identical. You can use that in conjuction with c64 emulator.
>>
>>55343533
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HardSID
>>
>>55343025

Search for "big mess o wires" works flawlessly
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.