[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any difference between XFX and Sapphire model?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: SAPPHIRE-RX-480-2.jpg (174 KB, 1034x1010) Image search: [Google]
SAPPHIRE-RX-480-2.jpg
174 KB, 1034x1010
Is there any difference between XFX and Sapphire model?
>>
>>55337966
>>
they're both reference so they're basically the same. i remember reading that the xfx one has a backplate but you'd have to look into that.
>>
>>55340427
What is the difference between reference and non-reference?Is reference bad?
I'm pretty new here.
>>
>>55340409
Yes, there appears to be a different logo on the fan.
>>
>>55340427
as refrence the only thing that is changing is the logo on the fan

we already have seen aib cards if you have a monitor with dvi i suggest you wait 1-2 weeks more
>>
>>55340436
oh god, get ready for bad advice from this place. Save your self and go to: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/

if you want better answers.
>>
File: 1467305787669[1].jpg (44 KB, 880x507) Image search: [Google]
1467305787669[1].jpg
44 KB, 880x507
>>55340436
reference is stock speeds with the reference cooler (they're generally hot and a bit loud. they suck air in and blow air out of the back of the case). reference cards are most useful in mATX and ITX cases where there's no room for air movement within the case.

the non-reference cards factory overclocked, with beefier fans added on to them so they run much cooler, and have small customizations from the 3rd party company like different visual ports (reference 480 has hdmi and display port but the non-reference has hdmi, displayport, and dvi)

pic related. a leaked photo of the saphire 480 that should be coming out relatively soon.
>>
>>55340491
And is price going to be the same?
Also,will that one be factory overclocked?

Basically,I should wait about a month more?
>>
>>55340519
waiting is up to you. pricing should be similar but maybe a slight bit more.

although, i will say that you might be waiting either way because the reference cards all seem to be sold out.
>>
XFX cards don't have warranty outside of America.
>>
>>55340547
You think that non-reference models will be significantly better?
Basically would you wait for NITRO model or just buy now?(I can buy right now)?
>>
>>55340589
Non-reference cards are still the same card, so it's not going to be DRASTICALLY different. But the non-reference cards will perform a little better and will run a fair bit cooler.
>>
>>55340613
I'd say that drastically is a pretty appropriate word for it.
Should solve the PCI-E memery and get the card cool enough and powered up enough to get those delicious overclocks.

Now, if that one Anon earlier today wasn't lying about fitting a water block on one and getting just short of 1500MHz before hitting the power limit, then I'd expect the partner cards to be a lot more interesting.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.