[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder to refresh your thermal paste now that it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: fO-tGPxg9EIu.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (40 KB, 405x323) Image search: [Google]
fO-tGPxg9EIu.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
40 KB, 405x323
Daily reminder to refresh your thermal paste now that it's summer.
>>
I did it a few weeks ago.
>>
>>55336095
Why does most of the world not have an A/C or heater?

My fucking place is 72° F all year long.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (72 KB, 870x654) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
72 KB, 870x654
>2016
>Using thermal paste
Even Cooler Master recommends using Nutella in this day and age. you didn't fall for the memes did you?
>>
>>55336337
You're literally murdering the planet, I hope you're happy.
>>
>>55336337

britfag here, uk and most of europe don't have acs because there's so few days of the year where it's unbearably hot (>30c/86f, yeah, laugh it up arizonafags) that it's not worth the money, at most during the summer months you might get a few days a week of mildly hot weather depending on the region (25c/77f)

coincidentally I live in a coastal city, it so rarely gets above 30c in a year that you can count the number of days it happens on your hands, record temps are 31.6c to 30.9c over the 3 summer months
>>
>>55336424
>30c is hot
kek
>>
>>55336337
>72 F

I keep it 65 F / 18 C, like the Romans.
>>
I ain't done that in years and my temps are the exact same.
>>
>>55336095
autism
>>
>>55336453

my window is south facing and on days where we get no wind it's easily 5-7c hotter than outside temperatures with the window wide open and the pc on idle
>>
>>55336511

but yeah, 30c is absolutely glorious outside weather, just not so much cooped up inside on a pc
>>
Summer, pfft.

I do mine every 2 weeks, as well as blow out my entire system, re-seat all my RAM and expansion cards, re-seat all my cables, blow-out my PSU, and statically cleanse all my fan filters.
>>
>>55336337
>F
>>
>>55337170
I do all of this too but I also change the wires every month
>>
>>55336095
I never really replaced mine, it works fine.
>>
>>55337302
For body temperature, F is better than C because our bodies perceive temperature differences smaller than 1°C
>>
daily reminders theres no good graphically intense games and youre a cuckold if you complain about the burn when you own a device that idles at 70C approximately the surface temp of the sun
>>
>>55336364
Does that invite cockroaches to the case?
>>
>>55337361
not really
>>
>>55336453
Yeah, and -10C is cold. I guess it depends on what you're used to.

Bonus: 70C in sauna is hot, kek
>>
>>55337361
What the fuck does our ability to perceive temperature have to do with the units a thermometer is using?
>>
>>55337361
Well this is the weakest excuse I've heard so far. Why not just say it's what you use since you don't like change?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.