[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
APPLE TO BLOCK IPHONES FROM BEING ABLE TO TAKE PICTURES AT CONCERTS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 24
https://www.yahoo.com/music/apple-working-block-iphones-taking-204148278.html

>Apple was recently granted permission for a patent that would block iPhones from taking pictures or video during a concert.

>The technology being patented is described as a “camera detecting infrared signal.” Concert venues would be able to turn on a specific signal that would interrupt and block iPhone cameras from being able to record any concert footage.

>As a result, iPhone users located in areas with this restricting signal would have no choice but to put their phones away.

>"OY VEY GOY! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO FILM THIS! QUICK DISABLE THE CAMERAS! ITS A NOTTA SHOA!"
>>
How long before cops use this on their cars?
>>
How is this not good, have you ever been to a concert that was the wiggles OP?
>>
Zzzz I'm tired of this board acting surprised about the length Apple will go to to protect IP, regardless of who owns it.
>>
apple cares about your freedom goy
>>
>>55334356
or governments during protests
or corporations doing illegal things
>>55334360
>"How is this not good"
apple shill pls go
>>
>>55334360
It can be abused in millions of ways. Concerts are a excuse for dumb goyim like you
>>
File: 1466667783845.jpg (64 KB, 945x945) Image search: [Google]
1466667783845.jpg
64 KB, 945x945
How long till android starts doing this too?
>>
>>55334364
and then they will use it on political speeches

then the police will have this on their uniforms
>>
>apple patents trivial technology that existed decades ago just not in this particular way
I am not surprised
>>
>>55334380
Why would they? You'd just root and uninstall
>>
>>55334341
Hold on while I strap the tech making the block signal on my hairy man-chest and enjoy my new found epic privacy.
>>
Wouldn't a faraday cage get around this?
>>
>>55334369
>>55334370
This. Nevermind the vertical videos, almost anyone can document any event. Imagine if the next despot uses this to hide the latest human rights violation or if Large Politically Driven News Corporation Number 2 flips this on for the latest exclusive coverage?
>>
>>55334341
i estimate -1 seconds before a third party IR filter for iphones comes out
>>
Not only is this bullshit but going to be exploited
>>
how long until people start making IR transmitters that mimic that signal
>>
Im okay with this.
>>
>>55334341
They could just be patenting it to prevent other companies from doing it.
>>
>>55334341
Jesus christ. The dark age of real-world DRM is actually happening.

This is horrifying.
>>
>>55334716
They'll move on to rotating IR frequencies. Like against the Borg.
>>
File: THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS.jpg (231 KB, 863x752) Image search: [Google]
THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS.jpg
231 KB, 863x752
> MOAR DRM!!11
now I actually feel superior with an old android
>>
>>55334678
Faraday cages don't stop light, mate.
And if you stop light, the camera would be pretty pointless.
>>
Even if their primary goal is blocking videos at concerts, why would they? In which way a video recorded with a noisy camera and a shitty mic is affecting the music industry?
>>
>>55335362
Thats how they're going to advertise it, but put on a tinfoil for a second. It's not for concerts.
>>
GOOD GOYIM.

Now we just need it to stop taking pictures of the police.
>>
>>55334341
So all I need to do is make omnidirectional IR beacons that blast the right code and I can throw up camera jammers anywhere I want?

Neat.
>>
>>55335274
Or, ya know, you cold put an IR filter over your camera lens..
>>
>>55335429
DUDE LMAO I USE WINDOWS 10, CAN'T I JUST GO THROUGH ALL THIS BULLSHIT TO STOP MY OS FROM SPYING ON ME AND FUCKING ME IN THE ASS? CAN'T I JUST STAY AWAKE ALL NIGHT TO STOP THE UPDATES FROM HAPPENING? CAN'T I JUST INSTALL AN EXTERNAL FIREWALL? CAN'T I JUST ENCRYPT EVERYTHING DUDE LMAO THIS IS THE WAY LIFE SHOULD BE, WE SHOULD ALL BE FORCED TO FIGURE OUT WAYS TO LIVE WITH THE DAILY SHIT WE HAVE TO PUT UP WITH, THIS IS THE NORM, I NEED FACEBOOK AND SKYPE
>>
Obviously not for concerts, americans aren't fooling anyone.
>>
>>55335467
Whoa calm down
>>
>>55335467
..did you just have a stroke? Are you ok anon?
>>
>>55334341
McDonalds!
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 157x218) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 157x218
>iseenothingwrong.png
>idiots who get triggered by people recording concerts praise apple for this
>the logical train continues and it is inevitably used for privacy invading reasons
>butwaittheresmore.gif
>people start buying more android phones because normalfags only care about their privacy when their phones get involved
>yfw it's a reverse goyim by Google and they have moles in the patent department allowing Apple to fuck their own shit up
>>
>>55334341
>iCucks
>>
>>55335502
Im glad this was never used.
>>
>>55335502
>>55335533
What is that?

>55 33 55 33
Nice combinaison of numbers
>>
>>55334341
>Attach IR LED that strobes at the right frequency to disable recording to one of the straps on my bag.
>No one can film me anymore.

Thank you Apple. Thank you so damn much.
>>
>>55334341
> look an accident fire truck is here
>Oh I can't record this because fire truck has sirens on.

Great idea, iCucks.
>>
>>55335556
Sony idea to literally make people stand up and cheer "McDonald's" to continue watching a movie.
>>
>>55335556
http://fortune.com/2013/04/30/sony-patent-is-hilarious-terrifying/

Interactive advertising
>>
>>55335502
>be american
>watch tv people being shot
>praise burger
>continue watching people being shot
>>
>>55335621
>it is actually real

what the fuck
>>
>>55334341
Oh, so I'll just bring my android phone then.

/thread
>>
I imagine this is one of those fucktard retarded demands the music industry has in return for music licensing for Apple Music.
>>
>>55334341
>HOW DARE THEY ACTIVELY STOP ME FROM DOING THINGS I'M NOT ALLOWED TO DO

That's some top-tier 9 year old reasoning OP.
Maybe if you weren't so content on breaking the rules until someone pins you down, you'd be allowed outside without a leash again.
>>
File: sonyadpatent_1.jpg (125 KB, 790x660) Image search: [Google]
sonyadpatent_1.jpg
125 KB, 790x660
>>55335722
>>
File: pic-11635.jpg (67 KB, 848x555) Image search: [Google]
pic-11635.jpg
67 KB, 848x555
>>55336063
>>
>>55336038
> Be 2009
> Be Sharp Electronics
> Get approached by movie industry to devise ways to stop cammers from camming up their shit
> Create array of high intensity IR lamps behind screen to wash out camcorder and other CCD/CMOS sensors.
> People place IR filters over cameras.
> ???
> We still have cam rips.

The same technology (a fucking piece of plastic) will also block any coded IR signal from the front of house, rendering the system useless. But hey, keep demonstrating your complete lack of fundamental knowledge /g/. You'' need it for the next AMD thread..
>>
>>55336076
I imagine the artist for this had a lot of fun that day.
>>
>>55336077
>I thinked a way around it!!1!
>take that rules, i win again

Jesus Christ, you actually are a child.
>>
>>55336173
Thats an odd way of saying "yeah, you're right" anon. Unless you're about to go full retard and tell us IR filters do not block IR..?
>>
File: 1260049683395.jpg (10 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1260049683395.jpg
10 KB, 247x248
>iphone
>>
>>55334501
Uninstalling hardware by rooting. Kek, apple is going to do this through hardware, I'm pretty sure android phone manufacturers will see this as a way to steal some apple customers.
>>
File: 1378275924887.jpg (3 KB, 91x125) Image search: [Google]
1378275924887.jpg
3 KB, 91x125
>>55336186
> expecting the underage fucklords that lurk these boards to understand technology.

You're taking the board name far too literally anon. Stop it.
>>
>>55336063
>awkwardly throw a tiny pickle between giant meatflabs
>MAKE IT YOUR WAY
>>
>>55336063

I bet this shit is most likely going to become a thing with VR.
>>
come to a concert where i live and take your camera/phone out and start filming and the fans will rip it from your hands and smash it.
>>
>>55336186
I have at no point claimed it was impossible to circumvent these measures, I solely pointed out it's giving me second hand embarrassment to realize you retards are this determined to get your shit tier recordings.

So, what. You expect me to congratulate you for your ability to disobey?

Woo anon.

Be sure to write it on your CV as well, I'm sure there's plenty openings for someone with your particular skillset.
>>
>at concert
>take out iPhone™ to take a selfie with my friends to upload to Facebook®
>iPhone™ requires an update for the latest iOS™ hotfix
>update it
>go to take a selfie
>camera isn't working
>RECORDING DISABLED on the middle of the screen
>my iPhone™ has prevented me from taking a picture of me and my friends because the venue doesn't allow it
>my friends with Android and Microsoft™ Windows® take selfies instead
>they are able to do it because they don't have anything that allows the venue to prevent them
>can't get any likes on my Facebook® profile because of the new iPhone™ update
>>
>>55336289
>smash it
you mean pocket it, gypsy scum.
>>
>>55334341
>>The technology being patented is described as a “camera detecting infrared signal.”
>record signal at a concert
>make your own iphone camera jammers
>>
>>55334786
>rotating IR frequencies
All you need to do is filter all IR outside human view range. It's not like those frequencies are needed in photography at all.
>>
While I think that its retarded that people film conerts on their phones instead of enjoying the concerts themselves, I find this new patent concerning
>>
>>55335502
What does the bar on the top represent?
>>
>>55336444
This. I want to start making IR beacons that pump out the correct codes and place them everywhere.

> inb4 tin foilers and crowd stalk "victims" making hats with this shit embedded so they can't be watched
>>
>>55334341
And so it begins, the greatest slippery slope of our time
>>
Venues used to kick out anybody they caught recording. The faggotry was when they stopped.
>>
Androidfag here, can't you get around this by downloading another camera app? Or is it an iOS "feature"
>>
>>55334341
GOOD.

Thank you based Apple!
Millennials BTFO.

Really hope Android will follow soon.
>>
>>55336516
Bypassing it voids your contract and your carrier will repossess their phone.
>>
>>55336076
Holy shit that's gold
>>
>>55336535
They can try
>>
>>55336488

Shouldn't be too hard with arduino.

The SOny thing is why we need to nuke the japs. Again.
>>
>>55336560
It will be disabled remotely and traced using GPS, no point in hiding.
>>
>>55336222

Hardware doesn't work without software, so you just uninstall that specific software. If it's incorporated in the OS, just install some other rom like aosp.
>>
>>55334341
they've had this since the 4S came out you fucking newfag piece of shit
>>
>>55336616
Proofs?
>>
>Patent
>>
>>55336658
Check your pudding
>>
>it's a patent from Apple
>so it literally won't affect Android & others
>literally just fucks Applebois up and nothing else
They really done it this time haven't they.
>>
>>55336077
No-ones saying you couldn't go around it, but it's not about that. It's about freedom of speech, essentially.

Yes, you can place an IR filter in front of your device to continue filming concerts. Maybe some people will buy 5€ IR filtering back covers for their phones from eBay to film the occasional concert. Most of us will not.

Maybe someone will have that IR filter cover on their phone all the time. Most of us will not.

Now if we take the focus away from concerts to the fact that cameras on phones are the greatest source of authentic video footage of non-televised events, we begin to realize the problem here.

Media is supposed to watch over the authorities. If the authorities prevent media from revealing the truth to the public, they can do anything they want.

If you see a police beating a man on the street, you can snap a photo or take a video of the beating. When that case is being handled in the court, you can submit the videos and photos as evidence. Otherwise there's only the polices word against the criminal. Now wouldn't it be sad if you just didn't happen to have an IR filter on your phone when you saw the beating take place.
>>
>>55336887
Nice slippery slope anon.
>>
>>55336596
You do know hardware can have it's own firmware independent of the os installed on the storage. Motherboards for example, have their own firmware which you can't delete/disable yourself. You're on /g/ btw, if you don't know this I suggest you leave.
>>
>>55334341
apple users are wealthy enough to buy a cuckdroid to use solely for unlawfully recording concerts
>>
>>55336076
Top kek
>>
>>55334689
use android
>>
>>55336977
If they were, they'd fix their cracked screens
>>
>>55336596
What is firmware
>>
>>55336486
The bar represents the movie progress, and the commercial breaks.
>>
>>55337553

a type of software, retard
>>
>>55334341
LERL

suck it normies

this is fucked but people recording shit at a concert instead of watching it is retarded.

Just get a cheap camera
??
problem solved.
>>
>>55337817
And installing AOSP will overwrite that firmware?
>>
Good.

Why do people go to events only to watch them through a camera finder?!?! Fucking madness. Even worse when they hold their phones up and block people actually there to be there.
>>
This is so flawed and exploitable that it's not even funny. Am I the only one that thinks this will be perfect for griefing?

Someone finds out the blink code that disables the ability to take pictures, inserts 4 leds into a cap to be able to give signal in a 360 degree radius and goes to public parties.
No one is able to take a picture not knowing why.

Guy shares this this diy online and "caos" ensues.

Also people thinking this will be exclusive to apple devices, lol.
>>
Dam, I know Apple is just a huge train wreck of a disappointment but this is something else. Glad I sold my iPhone 6 plus and got a Note 4.
>>
im all for it
can they also block video recording as soon as someone says WORLSTAAAAAAAAR
>>
Nice try, Apple. But I use Android!
>>
>>55338459

10/10 would do
>>
>>55338459
>Guy shares this this diy online and "caos" ensues.
"caos" 4 sure dood
>>
>>55336076
Is this real?
>>
>>55338459
THIS
Back in the day when G5's came with Apple Remotes, people trolled computer stores' computers on display because none of the IR codes were unique to the hardware. If you rapidly hit the Menu button six million times, the computers were stuck in the retardedly long animation sequence for hours.

Apple issued a fix to this: disable infrared signal receiving :D
>>
>>55334341
Thanks for the butplug with extra thorns Applebros :'(
>>
I'm giving a fuck. I never went to a concert.
>>
>>55338459
This is the first thing I thought of too.
This is great.
>>
>>55336222
>hardware
Android is software, not hardware. Regardless, somebody could easily make a phone without this feature
>>
Just use Replicant.
>>
>>55334341
>put IR filter foil on the back of your device
>problem solved
Wow that was hard
>>
>capture said IR signal with universal remote
>make spammer with said signal
>ifags can't take pictures near you anymore
literally first thought reading this thread.

that and cops using it aswell.

jokes on you, I still have a film camera.
>>
File: samsung-patent.png (16 KB, 1059x1498) Image search: [Google]
samsung-patent.png
16 KB, 1059x1498
>>
>>55339074
I'd say the IR signal would be locked to a timer, and possibly a location, and why the fuck wouldn't apple just have this shit done with GPS and compass?
>>
File: nintendo_TV.png (18 KB, 1568x1602) Image search: [Google]
nintendo_TV.png
18 KB, 1568x1602
>>
>at concert
>a dozen people being obnoxious shitters recording with their phones
>someone shouts PUT DOWN YOUR PHONE
>almost everyone does
I don't think we need the "help" of a corporation to fix this problem.
>>
>>55334356
>How long before cops use this on their cars?

done in one.
>>
>>55336527
You're actually okay with mass censoring in potential dangerous situations just so you can say fuck you to some selfie taking teenagers? Jesus Christ dude. Think
>>
>>55339132
Because you can disable location services and the phone shouldn't (even though it probably does) know your location. Can you imagine the shitstorm of having forced location services enabled at all time?
>>
>>55337817
driven by ROM chip

why are you talking out of your ass?
>>
>it's a firmware based system
>police departments all run out and buy the lamps
>US phones can't film shit anymore
>you have to buy a sketchy Jap or chinkphone to film anything
>we all live in the cyberpunk world uploading illegally taken videos

Cool, cool.
>>
>>55339132
Because location services and spatial maps of corporate/govt safe spaces aren't absolutely perfect.

The sedate masses might tolerate blocked concert recording in the right rooms, but imagine you're next door, or just in an adjacent hallway trying to take a selfie with friends and you get a popup saying "Camera disabled due to copyright claim by Sony Music Entertainment, Inc."

Invisible same-room only signals are a much smaller pill to swallow, at least at first.
>>
>>55334341
Interesting. Its not a gps solution, its just an infrared signal that obvisouly wont be just used at concerts.

They pass it as concert stuff but they clearly meant protests, police abuse, and other shit where they dont want iphones.
>>
Terrorist attack done in a concert, two survivors attempted to take videos and photos to help identify the terrorists but apples new anti concert recording prevented this from happening.

More news at 11.
>>
uh, why would someone want to watch a video of a concert?
>>
>>55339195
>Its illegal to use phones without that technology
>Its illegal not to use an iphone

1984 here we go
>>
>>55339249
>the media would ever air a story where mass surveillance is bad
If anything, they'd use the lack of video evidence to freely push their preferred narrative or whatever because they know there's no video of the attack.
>>
>>55339262
Are you retarded? Cant you see the clear implications of this technology? Protip: it doesnt have anything to be with concerts.
>>
>>55334341
Gee I wonder where else will this be used, lol. Clearly gonna be used in protest events etc.
>>
>>55336977
That's probably why the 16 gb variant is the most sold iphone
>>
>>55339263
>TFW in rebel underground using an illegal Huawei phone
>meet up with friend and beam PGP encrypted video to his illegal Sony handset
>it's always raining for some reason
Woo, cyberpunk here we come.
>>
>>55339268
You're missing the point.
>>
>>55339297
>Back to use Nokia Symbian phones or even s40 stuff
>Rebel underground meeting
>We start trading our rare pepes through bluetooth
>The police raids the place, shoots our children and kidnaps us for enhancer interrogation
>WHO IS THE BIG GUY?!! WHO IS PAVELEER?!
>>
>>55334341
This would be fucking great.Idiots who make shaky videos of concerts instead of enjoying it are pure cancer.

The problem is that this technology will be used for more sinister things.

>>55339262
Why would anybody want to make pictures of all the shit they eat?

>>55339263
You overestimate the usefulness of documentation. At best it can help you against police abuse if they were very sloppy ... for anything bigger, nobody would give a shit. Look at Snowden or whatever black kid got killed this week/month.
>>
>>55339360
>Why would anybody want to make pictures of all the shit they eat?
huh?
>>
>>55334341
Thank fucking god. You don't know how fucking annoying it is when you're standing behind someone and they have their phone out the entire time.
>>
>>55334341
Here comes 1984
>>
>>55339293
Most people won't ever need more because of the streaming cancer.
>>
>>55339375
Instagram is a big thing ... for whatever reason, so it's hardly surprising that recording concerts is too.
>>
>>55334739
>>55335421
>>55335563
This. It can't be illegal if you don't fuck up with special frequencies, right?
>>
>>55339335
How so?
>>
File: 1466926992731.jpg (21 KB, 474x429) Image search: [Google]
1466926992731.jpg
21 KB, 474x429
its good they are patenting this shit, it means android cant use it, im safe
>>
>>55334341
apple just want people to buy the new video camera they working on that won't have this restriction

http://fortune.com/2015/01/13/apples-new-video-camera-patent-sends-gopros-shares-into-a-tailspin/
>>
>>55334341
>be at a concert
>fuck watching, I will record for facebook fame
good goy
>>
I can't wait to reverse engineer this technology so I can disable everyone's cameras at will.
>>
>>55335704
Praise burger!
>>
>>55339195
>chinkphone
>implying the chinks wouldn't be the first adopters
>>
>>55339581
>implying chinks won't make anything for money
>>
>>55336300
>trademark symbols
fag
>>
I don't think that police stations would do something so obvious. Police departments have had a rough few years in the public image. They're trying to ameliorate that by adopting body cams for cops and doing other things to increase transparency and accountability.

If they started blocking cameras from recording in a nearby area, the shitstorm and lawsuits that would create would be a fucking nightmare for cops.

You don't need to beat the shit out of poor black people to keep the people in submission. Just keep them distracted with an endless supply of entertainment.
>>
>using freedom destroying products
>caring about what the us patent office has to say
>recording concerts
>not using this to make an infrared hat or sunglasses that stops people from photographing you

I
SHIGGITY
YOUR
DIGGITY
>>
>>55339470
>being able to patent shit that's already been invented
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5BL4RNFr58
>>
>>55339663
What the fuck, a reasonable post on my /g/?
>>
>>55339504
This.
>>
>>55334341
excellent. i'm sick of self-entitled millenials recording absolutely everything all the time like the world is only them and their cellphone

>>55335512
you're overthinking this
>>
>>55339663
How did bread and circuses work out for Rome?
>>
>>55334513
this too. you can stop applefags from filming you.
>>
>>55339760
Perfect before the invasion of foreign forces.
>>
>>55335722
Well shit. When Sony releases this, I can't imagine the uproar it will cause.
>>
>>55334341
if they don't want to enjoy the show but prefer taking crappy, unwatchable videos, it's their problems.
Let the normies wasting their life with overpriced toys, why should we care, as long as they don't spoil our experience?
Also as usual applel wants more control over its users...
>>
>>55337817
>format everything
>install "gentoo for phones"
>???
>profit
>>
>>55336222
Nice trips. There is an easy fix to this, cover up the IR receiver with a piece of tape.

If said receiver is built into a camera, a flashing IR led held close by will be enough to jam the signal without interfering with video.

>>55334786
That would be difficult. There are only so many types of infrared LEDs
>>55339425
Nope, it's completely legal. The FCC doesn't regulate the IR spectrum.

Now here's the cool thing, some android phones come equipped with IR blasters which can be used to send coded signals to turn on TVs and shit. This means that in a literal fight between iphone and androids, androids could win.
>>
>>55334341
But more importantly who the fuck goes to see live music at 10:16am.
>>
>>55339771
I guess now we just have to wait for foreign forces to invade and it'll go bust.
>>
Fantastic.

People recording concerts should be shot. Hopefully this will be mandatory on all devices soon.
>>
>people supporting this because it pisses off millennials
I'm not sure if I should be amazed or horrified that people can be this stupid.
>>
>>55334341
1. Only illiterate people buy iPhones.
2. Who still goes to concerts? I spend all my free time on my desktop.
>>
>>55339841
Get a load of this pissed off millennial
>>
>>55335722
we will actually have to drink verification cans in the near future, lol
>>
>>55336955
Then you can just not have said firmware affect your camera app you dumbass
>>
>>55336276
Sounds like my sex life
>>
>>55336076
What's this supposed to do?
>>
>>55339771
perfect? you would then say the same for the welfare state then?
>>
>>55336596
>hardware doesn't work without software
you could probably even do this with just some infrared detector that just cuts off power to the camera when it detects the signal, no software needed
>>
>>55339627
Or
>chinks make phones with the feature
>its actually not there due to cutting costs
>>
This was already known in 2011. Jesus christ /g/ stop recycling.

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2011/06/apple-working-on-a-sophisticated-infrared-system-for-ios-cameras.html
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 261x193
Thunderbirds finally becoming reality.
>>
>>55339935
Bread and games was closer to basic income. Welfare state stigmatizes the users too much and creates the "we vs them" mentality for the jobless vs poor vs middle class, which furthers social unrest.
>>
>>55339132
Timed, unique signals would be an obvious way to prevent abuse, but if there was a large dedicated group of griefers going around, they could capture signals at concerts happening right now and broadcast them to the internet for use elsewhere, at least until the time runs out. This isn't likely, though.
>>
File: 7d8[1].png (295 KB, 688x682) Image search: [Google]
7d8[1].png
295 KB, 688x682
So then....Apple on suicide watch. That's all I need to know in this thread.
>>
>>55340132
Shoo shoo stinky /v/igger
>>
File: IMG_0263.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0263.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>>55334341
This will be good for museums, too.
>>
>>55340090
what does basic income even mean? if i'm homeless and i rob some guy on the bus i'm just allowed to scream "BASIC INCOME!" and its okay? There should be a stigmatizm about stealing from others and there should rightly and justifiably be "social unrest". Wasn't this behavior what caused the massive inflation that brought down that empire?
>>
>>55339779
i think people will just avoid those line of models altogether and it will become shovelware.
>>
>>55334364
Shit on apple all you want, but there is something to be said about protecting IP. Also, Apple has proven that they really do care about protecting people from theft.
>>
>>55334689
Hm. Didn't think about that. I suppose there would be due process to get a hold of these little camera blockers. Apple, don't fuck this up.
>>
>>55335467
I can't stop laughing
>>
>>55340818

>pay for a concert ticket
>somehow theft

this is what dipshits actually believe
>>
File: srsly.png (299 KB, 555x416) Image search: [Google]
srsly.png
299 KB, 555x416
>>55335671
Did Sony think that would ever EVER be a good idea?
>>
>iCuck

Android Filming concerts master race
>>
>>55334364
>Being surprised about the length jews and gays, known for their irrationality and entitlement, will go to protect imaginary property

Yeah, it really shouldn't be surprising. Subhumans enforcing what amounts to applying feudalism to cultural tender, in a country where that has spiraled so out of control that people that are entirely useless outside of entertainment, aka jews and gays, comprise the highest economic class of society? Holy shit.

>It's lord goldberg's song
>you are merely allowed to listen to it at his discretion
>you exist to buy the songs not to share them
>lord goldberg deserves lifetimes of gold for his amazing songs, nothing else in this world is as amazing as a song
>>
>>55334341
Why would you patent this? Nobody would pay to license such a patent, it would put them at a competitive disadvantage. I assume they will use it to benefit via their relationships with artists (like through iTunes) but I don't see how LG/HTC/Samsung/Google could benefit from implementing this, nor any way that they would be hurt by not implementing this.
>>
>>55340864
Not saying I disagree with you, only that Apple is crazy about IP protection. Do I think it's okay to restrict camera use at an open air event? No. Would I be glad that nobody could be making a nuisance of themselves at indoor events? Very much so. Nothing worse than having some retard pull their phone out, at full brightness, and completely blind you from a few rows up.
>>
>>55334341
>Implying this gets implemented ever
>Implying this is not just some vapour patent to calm the tits of the music industry to get better contracts for Apple music
>>
>>55340990

so knock his phone out of his hands
>>
>>55340864
oy vey, without IP musicians would bring in a mere five digits every year stop stealing

>>55340990
>Would I be glad that nobody could stand up and start talking about hillary clinton being first five term president and completely distract me from the movie? No.

Anon in 2020 discussing movie theaters mandating voice filters
>>
>>55336584
Implying the carrier would waste money repossessing the phone.
>>
>>55341013
Thats how you get stabbed anon.
>>
>>55334356
They already did this at the DNC event last month
>>
>>55341028
>equating the temporary hold of personal items to the restriction of bodily functions

This is how you prove yourself to be a child that can't distinguish basic human rights from toys you think should be allowed everywhere all the time.
>>
>>55341176

he better hope it kills me
>>
File: 1416374914673.gif (1 MB, 260x173) Image search: [Google]
1416374914673.gif
1 MB, 260x173
>Apple patents shit feature
>B-BUT THAT MEANS ANDROID WILL COPY IT TOO!!
Goddamn, iShills are retarded. Everyone on the internet is shitting on them right now.
>>
File: wat.jpg (126 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
126 KB, 960x720
>>55341246
Sorry, but what the hell is that image?
>>
>>55341275
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmNApZRy3wk
>>
>>55335502
>>55335704
lmao
>>
>>55334341
i'f you're going to kickme out for bringing my dslr with ONE35mm pancake lens

then you better fucking kick everyone with a phone out

>daily reminder most scanners wont even let you scan currency
>daily reminder lots some photo editing software wont open up the scans if you managed to make one

no one is free in the digital age

also shits seriously fucking annoying

i hope disney abuses the fucking shit out of this tech
fuck you and your shitty iphone on dark rides with the flash on

>>55334369
and now you understand where most the gun nuts come from :^)
>>
>>55335621
>>55335722
that's some tim & eric shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIMwBaz8lYo
>>
>>55339929
>LAUGH DETECTED
>SHOW BLAH BLAH

its obviously a high tech nielsen box
>>
>>55341327
Thank you. Good lord....
>>
>>55335722
>prove you are not a robot.
>please show you reproductive organs to the built-in always on camera.
>continue watching
>>
Can app developers get a license to use this? I work for a startup that could be affected a whole lot by this..
>>
>>55341222
>Temporary
Life+70
>personal items
Your property
>A lifetime hold on your property

All because of this part of the constitution
>To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries.
Tell me what is so useful about music, how life+70 is in line with the spirit of "limited" when it applies to persons with a theoretically unlimited lifespan (corporations), and how transferable copyright is exclusive to the respective authors and inventers and not the highest bidder.

Actually don't tell me shit. You're not concerned with that. The first thing on your mind is the selfish desire for a public order that bothers you the least. Any restriction on freedom is okay to you as long as it prevents people from bugging you. No light sources at concerts? Fucking jolly.
>>
>>55341470
its apple so of course

just an easy annual payment of ($500*users)
>>
File: thOT8SL5LE.jpg (16 KB, 300x258) Image search: [Google]
thOT8SL5LE.jpg
16 KB, 300x258
>>55340143
I think you should shoo shoo away stinky neckbeard. Now that Gnu+Linux and apple sucks now.
>>
Disposable camera comeback incoming.
>>
>>55336300
>iPhone™ requires an update for the latest iOS™ hotfix
very unlikely, apple does not like to fix security holes, they prefer them gaping
>>
>>55334341
>Filming police brutality becomes common thanks to smartphones
>Government corruption is now easy to document because everyone carries the perfect spy device
>Hey, lets make this disable code for "concerts"
>People won't see through this
I'm not a tin foil hatter but seriously, if it wasn't the intention from the start it'll be its main use in less than a year after launch.
>>
>>55338881
You must be fun
>>
>>55335582
God you are dumb
>>
File: sv.jpg (476 KB, 1024x741) Image search: [Google]
sv.jpg
476 KB, 1024x741
Good luck trying to block this from taking pictures
>>
>>55341797
Yeah this actually fucked and pretty clearly so
>>
>>55342118
>Sorry Sir but due to the sensitive nature of these photographs we can't develop these for you
>>
>>55336564
problem that requires about 0.5$of hardware to solve
LETS USE AN ADRUINO
>>
File: panasoniccamcorder_2521251b.jpg (44 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
panasoniccamcorder_2521251b.jpg
44 KB, 620x387
ok
>>
>>55342118
>implying they won't just confiscate it at the door
They don't take phones in case you have a phone call. Cameras on the other hand...
>>
>>55341488
this
>>
>>55336934
But he's right and you know it.
>>
>>55343003
>average person keeps this on them

You're missing the point anon
>>
>>55336527
Fuck off retard
>>
>>55338266
Unless they're blocking you, why care? It certainly isn't a reason to support a restrictive measure like this.
>>
>>55338459
"Griefing" is used for everything now
>>
>>55342118
> laser pointer
it's done jim.
>>
This just reminds me of one thing.

>That kid at school with a programmable IR diode in his watch
>Class documentary/video time
>>
>>55343027
Dude, that's just my phone case.
>>
>>55339268
This
>No one survived the incident because a straight white cisheterosexual privileged literally killed 6 gorrilion people with an AR-15. With all the cocks up our asses we are going to make Republicans feel the Bern when we start protesting on the floor of Congress like babies. Only then will Americans give up their guns like the cultured and culturally enriched European cousins. Who through decades of enrichment have dwindled to near extinct levels because of sand niggers practicing their beliefs of beheading the males and raping females above the age of 3. See you in 30 minutes after our first commercial break.

Please don't let this be on 2017 iPhone tho. I have been eyeing an android phone recently but I really don't want to switch because of my iTunes purchases since 2006. Hopefully my 5 will make through iOS 10.
>>
Reminds me, I was watching the Poland-Portugal match and somewhere near the end a dude ran on the field followed by a bunch of guys in blue jackets.
Immediately the camera started focussing on the players of the match and avoiding the shit that was going on on the field.
Damn it, I wanted to see them take that crazy guy out but instead the tv crew did everything to avoid showing him when the whole match was boring shit anyway.
>>
>>55340947
You disgusting racist commie
>>
>>55334380
Immediately after apple does only they won't tell they're users they are doing it
>>
>>55345967
He fell for the drm meme. Let them go anon. Sorry you are such a retard. Hopefully you will learn from your mistakes.
>>
File: death camping.gif (563 KB, 374x354) Image search: [Google]
death camping.gif
563 KB, 374x354
>>55341361
>no one is free in the digital age
Only the competent, skrub.
>>
>>55339798
nope, your phone camera use IR to focus.
Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.