[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/. I`ve recently graduated with a BA in Economics and Finance.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1465318287159.jpg (91 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1465318287159.jpg
91 KB, 720x960
Hi /g/. I`ve recently graduated with a BA in Economics and Finance. I want to do my masters in Compueter Science next year. Basically, its 3 years worth of stuff crammed into one. What can I expect? What can I research or study to get comfortable with doing a Masters in Computer Science?
>>
What does this have to do with the RX480?
>>
>>55330606
N-nothing? I was thinking /g/ would have a lot of undergrads doing computer science.
>>
Expect a lot of high level math, especially Linear Algebra. I'm guessing based of your BS degrees, you weren't introduced to much more than Calculus I. If you want to do software/programming/hardware related work look into Computer, Software, and/or Electrical Engineering instead. I wouldn't recommend jumping into a CS grad program based on your background.
>>
>>55330583
>Basically, its 3 years worth of stuff crammed into one. What can I expect?

Expect a poo-in-loo degree from your Java mill, enjoy minimum wage
>>
>>55330670
>>55330642
Further, my recommendation is to look at some recent CS published research papers from an established journal. If you can't really follow at least some of the math or the topic, you're going to drown in grad school.
>>
>>55330670
>>55330715
Thanks. I have basic level of Maths knowledge. I guess I`ll have to prepare myself more. I just want to be able to create financial algorithms and go into that sector with my CS degree.

Any books that you can recommend? Maths or CS?
>>
>>55330751
I was a Physics undergrad but I have a friend doing a PhD in Comp Sci. Checkout the MIT open course work if you're doing self prep. Honestly based off your background you are going to have an incredible amount of theory to catch up on to keep up with the program. Honestly if all you're interested in writing code for a financial firm, you're better off just taking some CS classes. Programming is the "easy" part, developing the theory for your algorithm is the challenge.
>>
>>55330606
FPBP
>>
>>55330606
Kekd hard
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.