[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he feels 'betrayed' by AMD for delivering a budget card
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1451604049420.jpg (94 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
1451604049420.jpg
94 KB, 601x508
>he feels 'betrayed' by AMD for delivering a budget card
>>
It's funny because AMD fanboys claim it would be as powerful as a titan and it would be soooo cheap and powerful. They build up such a huge amount of hype, and then it all came crashing down with excuses like "B-B-B-BUT IT'S A BUDGEEEETTTT CAAAAAAAARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
>>
>feeling betrayed
>by AMD
kek
>>
>>55326710
Overhyped by the community thanks to the "leaks".

It does just what it was advertised to do, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
File: asd.png (36 KB, 678x844) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
36 KB, 678x844
>>55326755
But it is more powerful than the GTX titan
>>
>>55326783
This
Dissapointment is what AMD does, not the exception
>>
>>55326895
>Hitman
Because Hitman was made using AMD's technology. I'm not trying to defend Nvidia or hate on AMD, but use a more neutral example.
>>
File: untitled-31.png (36 KB, 681x802) Image search: [Google]
untitled-31.png
36 KB, 681x802
>>55326928
>>
>>55326928
The whole dx12 api was based off an AMD technology, this argument is going to be hard to defend soon.
>>
>>55326928
Nice tripcode, Kevin!
>>
>>55326963
Fair enough, but this anon >>55326966
also brings up a good point.
>>
>>55326755
And if you didn't ride the hype train E.V.E.R.Y. F.U.C.K.I.N.G. Y.E.A.R you'd realise it's the card we expected.
>>
>>55326992
Thanks!
>>
>>55327007
They literally said it was a card that would meet the requirements for vr at a lower price point.

The recommended requirements are a gtx970, it does meet it.

People are just mad their self-created expectations were not met.
>>
>hairworks (worthless gimmick)
"AMD is shit and should be able to keep up with nVidia"

>DX12 (the future)
"boo hoo it's not fair, AMD shouldn't be allowed to use this to their advantage"
>>
>>55327044
In most of the bench marks I've seen it's beating the 970 by a small margin. Nothing significant and 970 beats it on a couple but in general it's a little better.
>>
What if microsoft cancelled dx12 and decided to only use vulkan?
>>
>>55326895
>>55326963
These kinds of results are pretty questionable just by the logic of where they should be according to other benchmarks I've seen. Seems to be a problem with the games' optimization rather than the GPU.

I'm not knocking the 480, I think it's a good budget card. Definitely the only card worth getting under the $300 mark unless you already have a 390/970 or above.
>>
>>55326997
>but when a game use Goyworks its acceptable
>>
>>55327114
They'd fuck AMD over, and considering MS need AMD to keep their Xboxs competitive with PSs, I don't think they'd want to do that.
>>
>>55327123
I never said that? I said if there were a neutral example, that would be the best comparison.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.