[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am lazy Is computer science right for me then?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I am lazy

Is computer science right for me then?
>>
>>55322880
Depends on where you go
>>
>>55322880
Laziness = automating all your tasks through programming

The only virtue of a programmer is passion. If you don't enjoy programming, don't even try.
>>
>>55322880
If you're lazy just get into teaching/nursing/whatever, a degree you can half-ass and still get a job.

If you're not in one of the top 5-10 unis of your country, don't expect to get any decent job out of any IT-related field and enjoy having your work out-sourced or replaced by minimum wage workers.
>>
>>55322964
This is complete and utter bullshit. A friend of mine went to some mickey mouse college up in hickville, worked his ass off for a few years, got a decent gig in a decent company, and now got headhunted by a private investment company in Switzerland.

Basically once you get a position at a decent company - regardless of your formal credentials - you're set.
>>
>>55323748
That first step's a doozy though.
>>
>>55322964
>trolling me softly with his song
>trolling me softly
>with his song
>>
>>55322880
if you're an academic faggot and of absolutely no use to the world then sure...
>>
>>55322880
No, shit is hard and unless you want to have no job prospects, you'll have to work your ass off studying.
You can't half-ass math and physics since it will show on your programs how clueless you're since programming is more than gluing code from stackoverflow.
>>
>>55325128
>programming is more than gluing code from stackoverflow.
nice meme
>>
why do people always reduce it to coding? There are many jobs beside. What is with database building? network design, system engineering, voip, storage...?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.