[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a /g/ent, who uses a T520 with Fedora, a Oneplus One with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: apple-iphone-5s-3.jpg (26 KB, 398x550) Image search: [Google]
apple-iphone-5s-3.jpg
26 KB, 398x550
As a /g/ent, who uses a T520 with Fedora, a Oneplus One with Cyanogenmod, and owns the ifixit toolkit, I didn't know how I'd react to getting a secondhand iPhone 5s the other day. Here's a blogpost about my experience.
<blog>
Good things about the phone:
>build quality's good. It feels sturdy and premium.
>The cameras, although lower in megapixel than the OPO, look real good.
>For its low resolution screen, it doesn't look bad.
>Standby time is very good
>iTunes runs and works better than I was lead to believe, especially in a VM.
>I really enjoy the predictive text. It changes when I type, making things easy.
>The animations are a nice touch. They make everything feel like it was meant to be there.
>imessage is useful, and makes it easy to text people with iPhones.
Some bad things
>It's really slippery. I usually pinch it to get it out of my pocket.
>It's really small for me. I have large hands and am accustomed to using a 5.5" phone.
>I'm not a fan of the lightning connector it uses, I'd much prefer something with an open standard.
>It has two speaker grills, but only one is a speaker.
>Its 3.5 mm port is on the bottom, but that's purely preferential.
>I can't downgrade iOS versions unless Apple lets me.
>I can't backup individual apps.
>I've decided to stay on iOS 8.4 so I can figure out how to jailbreak.
>Has settings for Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and Vimeo, but I have none of those services installed.
>Can't set default apps.
>Can't hide pictures.
>Not open source software
>Can't have other app repositories without voiding warranty.
I enjoy the thing for day-to-day tasks, but I'll use my OPO when I have to do anything real.
</blog>
Let's have a "Things I like about operating systems I don't usually use" thread
>>
>>55322096
>It has two speaker grills, but only one is a speaker.

EXPLAIN THIS MADNESS
>>
>>55322130
The other one's the microphone right?
>>
>Its 3.5 mm port is on the bottom, but that's purely preferential.

Android phones with headphone ports on the top drive me nuts. When I pull it out of my pocket the phone's always upside down. Apple actually though this one through.

p.s. jailbreaking really isn't worth it anymore. iOS has implemented most everything people used to jailbreak for (apart from pirated apps), and you can now side-load apps on iOS so long as you have a Mac and Xcode.
>>
>>55323411
I didn't know that you could sideload. Thanks for the info anon!
>>
>>55323411
>Apple actually though this one through.

Except the iphone has its 3.5mm port on the top until the 5. Used to drive me bloody bonkers.

>p.s. jailbreaking really isn't worth it anymore.

agree with this, unless you're a ricing retard ios is pretty great at the moment.
>>
>thinks megapixels are what decides if a camera is good or not and not the sensor
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.