[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Touch Typing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: simsen.jpg (36 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
simsen.jpg
36 KB, 512x384
For those of you who've learnt to touch type recently, what lessons did you follow? There are plenty of websites but I'd like to know what worked for some of you..

I type at a somewhat moderate speed, albeit incorrectly, and readjusting now feels very unnatural, especially that I'm much slower and fuck up a lot more.
>>
MMORPGs
>>
>>55320220
can't tell if you mean keyboard shortcuts or
>buying girlfriend for 20 shekkles
>how do i becoem mod
>>
>>55320176
People take lessons for this?
Just use your keyboard a lot and then you kind of just learn it
>>
>>55320220
/thread
>>
>>55320220

This. Typing alot into chat during pvp or pve dungeons to other people demands you improve quick. If you're a dirty norm that only uses a mic to communicate then you have no hope
>>
just become less of a normie
>>
https://learn.dvorak.nl/
if you're gonna be starting over from square one anyway, you might as well pick a layout that isn't utterly retarded
>>
File: 1457556554283.jpg (159 KB, 805x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457556554283.jpg
159 KB, 805x1024
>>55320325
But what about the whole "Your pinkies must only be used for QAZ and P;." thing? I'd find it difficult to be productive & practice at the same time. I'm used to using my first three fingers and moving my hand across the keyboard.

>>55320398
I'll give this a go, although I mostly play CS:GO because ruski

>>55320416
:^(
>>
>>55320501
https://www.typingclub.com
>>
>>55320220
This. MMORPGs, MUDs, Typing of the Dead, any video game that uses the keyboard will teach you to (duh) use the keyboard.

It is purely muscle memory.
>>
>>55320501
Yeah. Excercise them pinkies. Although what I do is, I shift my entire hand over to capitalize those letters, and I only ever use left shift.

The real bitch is the number row. It takes forever to learn that naturally because you hardly ever use it. Fortunately the number row is for plebs and passwords and real men use the numpad.
>>
I just tried typing without looking at the keyboard. I'm still a little slow and make mistakes, but I'm getting better. Need to work on finger placement.
>>
>>55321180
The way I try to get around the number row is using the numlock and using the number keys on my thinkpad.
>>
>>55320501
Regimented touch typing can be silly. Everyone has different sized hands and different sized keyboards. Its best to do what's comfortable and doesn't cause fatigue. If you already type a lot, you've already built up muscle memory for that system, so it may be best to just practice typing while looking at the screen. I only use my pinky for shift-enter-tab on the sides personally.
>>
>>55320501
My pinky´s injured and it goes numb fast when typing. So I barely use it, and by extension the other one´s also barely used.

I average 100-140 words per minute, depending which language I´m writing in. Good enough for me.
>>
>>55320176
You should try playing one of those "learn how to type correctly" games. I got a CD when I was a kid and after I learned correct form, I went HAM when talking shit on online games.... I eventually ended up with like 155~ wpm on keyboards I'm comfortable with. I remember with my old laptop's keyboard, I'd easily hit like 170-175 on 10fastfingers and get 1st place ez
>>
>>55322197
Typing of the Dead and Typing of the Dead: Overkill are fairly cheap on Steam
>>
I learned to touch type in the 7th grade, was a requirement to pass the technology course. Haven't looked back since. Can you not touch type on a phone? It's the same thing. I don't have to look at my phone most of the time because I know where all the letters are, since it's the same as a keyboard.
>>
>>55320176
This site is the shit. Just use it for 30 minutes a day.

http://www.keybr.com/#!game
>>
>>55320501
http://thetypingcat.com/
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.