[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tell me what to buy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: money.jpg (112 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
112 KB, 600x450
What mobo should I buy?
>am3
>will be running unlocked phenom 960t so 140W tdp? Fuck if I know
>need only 1 pcie, but at least 2 pci so none of that microscopic form factor crap
>had asus m4a87td previously, but bought it faulty for dirt cheap with 2 ram slots dead and I wanna download more ram
>usb3 is not a priority, but nice
>don't really care about nics or integrated soundcards, got my own
Should I just go and buy the same but functioning and scam someone with mine on ebay?
>>
Take the cheapest 970 chipset mobo you can get
>>
>>55319923
Forgot to add
>no gaymes, it's my daw pc
>ddr3, because I've already got 8 gigs of that

>>55319998
Why shouldn't I just stick with 870? Seems cheaper.
>>
File: 2008040241_1221831170.jpg (190 KB, 800x636) Image search: [Google]
2008040241_1221831170.jpg
190 KB, 800x636
Bumpu
>>
>>55319923
dragon dildo
>>
>>55320162
>it's my daw pc
what?

>ddr3, because I've already got 8 gigs of that
you need to buy exactly the same stick if you want to expand otherwise you might run into issues

>usb3 is not a priority, but nice
all mobos in the last 3years have usb3
>>
>>55320930
>daw
Digital audio workstation. I make music on it. That's why I don't need some pro gayming meme motherboard that costs twice the amount because it's got radiators on everything.

>you need to buy exactly the same stick if you want to expand otherwise you might run into issues
Oh? Well, I've got mismatched 4+4 and it runs fine. Maybe I got lucky.

>all mobos in the last 3years have usb3
Don't need the latest and greatest. My current one is from 2011 and has usb3, but it wasn't that common then.
>>
>>55319923
bleach
>>
If you gonna buy a new board, then its 990fx sb and either Asus Sabertooth R2.0, Crosshair Formula, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev4 (or UD7, if you can find it) or Asrock Extreme9. They are the only boards with decent VRM configurations.
>>
>>55320162
>Why shouldn't I just stick with 870? Seems cheaper.
Of top of my head, i cant remember a single good (VRM is really the single biggest factor in a mobo, been since the pc clone erupted) 870 chipset board, but again, there is many good 890 boards. They are hard to find though.
>>
>>55321216
>>55321278
What makes a vrm config decent?
>>
>>55321548
Enough phases, decent doubling. Proper heatsinks to the mosfets should not be dismissed either.

The Stilt gave a pretty good explanation on overclock.net recently: http://www.overclock.net/t/1601970/which-of-these-mobos-are-the-best/50#post_25230296
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.