[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only "new" 2 games I plan on playing are MGSV and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2016-06-29-11-13-14.png (234 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-29-11-13-14.png
234 KB, 720x1280
The only "new" 2 games I plan on playing are MGSV and Overwatch, would a 8gb 480 be enough with the i5-6500?
>>
rom the bench marks Ive seen, It is comparable to the 970 SSC. Everything was within a handful of frames between the two. I personally dont prefer the reference blowers and Im going to wait until non reference cards come out
>>
It'll be enough.
>>
>$199 for 8GB variant
holy fuck
>>
This. Wait till nonreference cards come out. I run these games fine on a 970 with 120+fps at medium to high settings. The 480 should be comparable if not better
>>
You probably won't need the 8GB version considering that this card isn't made to run at the type of resolutions where 8GBs is really needed, unless you want to be safe or plan holding on upgrading for 4+ years.
>>
You're more than good, wait for nonreference if you have the patience though
>>
>>55319654

Replace "480" with "970" and go google about the 970.

Basically yes
>>
Yes, as a matter of fact that card would be overkill.
>>
way more than enough.

i can play both of those with a g3258 dual core and 270x.
>>
>>55319654
Yea you can pull this off with a 4GB but 8 would be nice if you expect to keep this card for 3 years or so.
>>
>>55319654
Phantom pain will do 1080 60 on a toaster.
>>
>MGSV
Easy 60 fps with a 750ti, 480 will do it easily with all maxed

>Overwatch
Yes.

It will max out those games easily.

Actually 8gb memory is rather overkill.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.