[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AMD shooting themselves in the foot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: radeon_rx_480_cooler.jpg (45 KB, 800x342) Image search: [Google]
radeon_rx_480_cooler.jpg
45 KB, 800x342
A lot of the reviews I'm reading seem to really pan (once again!) AMD's reference cooler provided by the RX 480, generally they seem content enough with performance but thermal throttling seems to be a constant issue that pretty much torpedos OCing on reference boards.

My question is this; WHY? Why, when AMD must have had numerous engineers doing QA/QC would they equip the cards that their flagship series was going to be judged on with garbage coolers that were loud, inefficient, and din't allow OC headroom? It makes no sense, at the least why don't they do a limited run of RX 480's with beefy all copper 3rd party coolers for evaluation?
>>
Only 5% of consumers overclock
>>
>>55318688
in the foot? more like in the mouth
>>
>>55319336
thats still no excuse desu
>>
>Expecting to be able to overclock a reference card
There's your problem anon
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.