[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Install Gentoo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (5 KB, 96x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5 KB, 96x144
>be me
>thinking gentoo would be better than arch
>been trying to properly install gentoo over the past two days
>finally get into the terminal
>no idea how to get into wifi
>startx doesn't work
>imadumbnigger.tar.bz2
>Guess I'm not fixing any mistakes I made

I'm literally about to kill myself over this shit. I feel like I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing and I'm sure I probably will need to reinstall Gentoo again, but with the proper packages this time so MAYBE I can get Xfce running. How fucked am I /g/?
>>
What is >gentoo wiki
Now
>>>/out/
>>
>>55315171
Install Trisquel or Parabola or Debian, you will have freedom
>>
Wow, I can't believe people actually fall for the meme.
>>
>>55315171
The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
File: maccessoriesipenis1.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
maccessoriesipenis1.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
>>55315724
>>
>>55315306
>installing Parabola
That's probably the most broken shit I've ever used. The project is literally maintained by one guy who irrationally blacklists packages over muh tinfoil hat and doesn't even have most of the community and extra packages in the keyring so they refuse to work unless you disable all signatures. He broke the AUR because yaourt "recommends no free software" and refuses to allow ash completions just because there isn't a license at the top of every single file. He blacklists things for containing things such as trademarked names or music and artwork in games that isn't under a free license even through the FSF and Stallman himself said this was 100% okay as long as the code was free. And when your kernel panics because it doesn't support your hardware, it refuses to show what is missing because he believes it would encourage you to use nonfree drivers.
>>
The step by step guide on gentoos own site is pretty much failproof. Use genkernel if need be
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.